Spray vs Plastic Bedliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I did find a good use for the rattle-can spray liner. I've been using Herculiner to coat the underside of my riding mower's deck to keep it from rusting. I'm not as diligent as I should be after I mow, and the wet clippings often get left under the deck. I bought the mower in '05 and the deck is still like new. I have to respray it at the end of the mowing season, but I would rather do that than having to buy a new deck at some point.
you could use graphite paint and it helps shoot the grass out better
You must be registered for see images attach

This stuff is slightly sacrificial, but putting a refresh coat on at the end of the season uses far less than the initial use. I have a gallon of it i still need to do my mower deck with. Its not new but its not too rusty. The advantage in our situation is mowing tall grass will take much more to plug up. Otherwise have to go slow or make multiple passes lol.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Easton did Raptor from scamazon for about $250 with the color tint. That was almost 2 years ago and it still looks great even though he hauls all his lawn equipment to mow yards. He is satisfied.

Randy and E
Did he use the six quart kit? Was it plenty for a long bed?

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I painted a raptor liner in my daily driver, in October and also put it on the in bed tool box seems to be holding up fine, I didn’t spray it I rolled it, I think I prepped it pretty well thank god for scotchbrite pads and did it for about $150.00 local places wanted $450.00 up, it all comes down to what your needs are, good luck on your project
Got any pictures? I used Raptor out of aerosol cans under my cab but have not seen it rolled

JBswth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
292 cubic inches
Fleet-side owners can gloat too, as a wood bed floor was available 73-79 for an extra $100.
You could still get the wood floor on Squarebody Fleetsides? Didn't know that, as I never saw any and never saw any advertising for them, and have never seen replacement floors for them. Good to know.

J.B.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
You could still get the wood floor on Squarebody Fleetsides? Didn't know that, as I never saw any and never saw any advertising for them, and have never seen replacement floors for them. Good to know.

J.B.
1978-1980 they discontinued it somewhere in there

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

J.B.
No replacement parts available except wood. Only available in longbed. The one below has been cut down to shortbed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad