Scores from DIY Parts Yards, Pull A Part, U Pull It etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
My bad, you didn't get offended did you? Please tell me your not a step child and have red hair??? You do realize it's a very long used figure of speech right??? Not to be taken literally right???
Where. Is. Your. Manager.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It reminds me of working being the dispatcher, trainer and driver manager so the tow company office phones are forwarded to my cell phone since I was a towing manager in a truck and I ran calls too. Only time I had to go by the office was when someone called wanting to get their car out of impound and I did all my dispatching digital from my tablet in the truck to other drivers.

So then I get a call, yeah one of your drivers just cut me off and was speeding. OK sir, and which truck was he driving? Color and was a flat bed or a wrecker? It was Black Repo looking truck. Ohhhh, are you the guy in the Black BMW??? Yeah that's me. OK you stupid ass, I'm the one that you were trying to race and not let me on the freeway, and as you can tell, my truck has plenty of power so yes, I sped way up and with about 3 car lengths in front of you, using my turn signal I got on the freeway so you can be pist off if you want because your POS BMW got beat by a tow truck while you were being a douche and I'll be sure to wipe my ass with this complaint have a wonderful day. CLICK !!!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ill report her to management for being a karen

How proposterous. Report the reporter
I'm not so sure she's being a Karen, I think or at least hope she's using the same sarcastic sense of humor I was using.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
I'm not so sure she's being a Karen, I think or at least hope she's using the same sarcastic sense of humor I was using.

I definitely think she was joking, so was i lol.

I failed to add a smiley or "lol" so it seemed serious

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
It reminds me of working being the dispatcher, trainer and driver manager so the tow company office phones are forwarded to my cell phone since I was a towing manager in a truck and I ran calls too. Only time I had to go by the office was when someone called wanting to get their car out of impound and I did all my dispatching digital from my tablet in the truck to other drivers.

So then I get a call, yeah one of your drivers just cut me off and was speeding. OK sir, and which truck was he driving? Color and was a flat bed or a wrecker? It was Black Repo looking truck. Ohhhh, are you the guy in the Black BMW??? Yeah that's me. OK you stupid ass, I'm the one that you were trying to race and not let me on the freeway, and as you can tell, my truck has plenty of power so yes, I sped way up and with about 3 car lengths in front of you, using my turn signal I got on the freeway so you can be pist off if you want because your POS BMW got beat by a tow truck while you were being a douche and I'll be sure to wipe my ass with this complaint have a wonderful day. CLICK !!!

Love that story LOL. Being a previous truck dispatcher for 10 years certainly had my share of them calls.

Just got a call last week from a state trooper asking us why one of our temp drivers ignored all weight limit signs and drove over an illegal bridge. I said it's obvious, he is an idiot. How the **** do I know what he is thinking? Pull his ass over and ask him.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Love that story LOL. Being a previous truck dispatcher for 10 years certainly had my share of them calls.

Just got a call last week from a state trooper asking us why one of our temp drivers ignored all weight limit signs and drove over an illegal bridge. I said it's obvious, he is an idiot. How the **** do I know what he is thinking? Pull his ass over and ask him.
Sounds like the Trooper was as stupid as your temp driver.

I loved that fast truck. It has the Scorpion 6.7 diesel in it. It had DEF and EGR deleted, chip tuned, OE governer deleted and it ran real good with lots of Powa !!! That F450 had 19.5's on it. From a dead stop, light turn green and punch it would spin all 4 about 1.5-2x and then launch like a rocket. I loved getting on the freeway in that truck. That's the only tow truck I ever got a ticket in. I was doing 90 in a 60 towing a car and cuz I was towing a car going that fast is why the fugger pulled me over. Man did I ever get a tongue lashing from him. :lol: *******, that car isn't going anywhere no matter how fast I'm going.

The other great complaint I'd get. Get a call from a ******* on the turnpike, Yeah, one of your trucks just blew by me on the turnpike like I was sitting still and about side swiped me. Oh really mam'am,??? Yeah I'm doing 70 in the fast lane and he was riding my ass about hit me so as I started to get over he went around me like I was tied to a post, he had to be doing 85 or 90. OK lady, so tell me how fast was he really going? I just said he was probably doing 85 or more cuz I was doing 70 or more. No ma'am he wasn't doing no damn 85 and when you quit lying, I'll take your complaint seriously. Well he was doing way over the speed limit. No he wasn't ma'am, both our rollbacks are governed at 67mph so if he was on you ass in the fast lane doing all 67mph then you didn't need to be in the fast lane and he probably had someone on his ass while he's trying to hold his downhill speed to climb the next hill so get the hell outta the damn fast lane doing less than the speed limit and noone will be riding your ass.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Pulled the valve covers off my "prize" motor, ex manifolds, pulleys, brackets, and took a ******* sledge and knocked that stupid 2 barrel off the top, (was totally siezed up)

The heads are 882 heads, yay!
But valve train components are RUSSTTTYYYYY

Hei dizzy is literally stuck.... i took a big pry bar, and busted the dizzy housing inside the motor removing it..... all that remains is the shaft....
Noice.

Soon as heads and intake are off , im flipping it over and pulling pan to check crank numbers.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Pulled the valve covers off my "prize" motor, ex manifolds, pulleys, brackets, and took a ******* sledge and knocked that stupid 2 barrel off the top, (was totally siezed up)

The heads are 882 heads, yay!
But valve train components are RUSSTTTYYYYY

Hei dizzy is literally stuck.... i took a big pry bar, and busted the dizzy housing inside the motor removing it..... all that remains is the shaft....
Noice.

Soon as heads and intake are off , im flipping it over and pulling pan to check crank numbers.

I hate to be that guy, but if that thing has 882 heads on it, it's not the engine you think it is. Let's get that suffix code off the engine pad and ID that bitch. I have a feeling your going to find it's just an average run of the mill Tree Fitty.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
I hate to be that guy, but if that thing has 882 heads on it, it's not the engine you think it is. Let's get that suffix code off the engine pad and ID that bitch. I have a feeling your going to find it's just an average run of the mill Tree Fitty.

Need to go back a couple posts, suffix i indentified as a 75 350 lol.

But its been rebuilt at some point (per the tag)

And possesses a 327 intake (or at least the numbers lined up with a 327)

So its a 350 block, 74-80 882's, and unknown crank.... ill determine that tomorrow if i have time.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Need to go back a couple posts, suffix i indentified as a 75 350 lol.

But its been rebuilt at some point (per the tag)

And possesses a 327 intake (or at least the numbers lined up with a 327)

So its a 350 block, 74-80 882's, and unknown crank.... ill determine that tomorrow if i have time.

:lol: I did my normal skimming. My notifications took me to the last post. It'll be a standard run of the mill cast crank too. Of course if it's been rebuilt it'll be intersting to find out it it was ground or not. Could be a .010/010 grind. Could even be a .020/030. I hate those damn hodge podge crank grinds. Commonly used in box store crate long block exchange engines. They rebuild them but grind to where ever they clean up at. Some will be .020, .030 or even .040 over on the bore and **** like .030 over on the mains and .010 over on the rods.

Last edited:

Slybeanx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
v6
WamboJambo is one of the few local guys here on the forum, hes 2 hours away from me, i offered to give his trans a gander to save him a trip since it was only 20 min from my house

He sent me the funds to go ahead and pay for it if it was usable.

And as it turned out, it was!
Always nice to see forum members helping out.

Bronze Knight

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

$168

Captians chairs and mounts (puting them in my cew cab so I need them) Center and roof console Cruse control module, some trim, the front passger A pilar piece was broken sadly but I have another one I can paint. Door cards and carpet pieces for doing the manual to power window swap (I got the regulators and mortors allready) Also grabbed the seat belts and all the grab handels. I think I did alright price wise. Gotta put in more effort and get it all cleand up but thats the pick and pull life (or the resto on a buget life).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969