Scores from DIY Parts Yards, Pull A Part, U Pull It etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
You must be registered for see images attach

$168

Captians chairs and mounts (puting them in my cew cab so I need them) Center and roof console Cruse control module, some trim, the front passger A pilar piece was broken sadly but I have another one I can paint. Door cards and carpet pieces for doing the manual to power window swap (I got the regulators and mortors allready) Also grabbed the seat belts and all the grab handels. I think I did alright price wise. Gotta put in more effort and get it all cleand up but thats the pick and pull life (or the resto on a buget life).
Damn if my truck was in great condition I would love a lot of those pieces. soooo luxurious looking. I mean, glad you got them tho!!!!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

$168

Captians chairs and mounts (puting them in my cew cab so I need them) Center and roof console Cruse control module, some trim, the front passger A pilar piece was broken sadly but I have another one I can paint. Door cards and carpet pieces for doing the manual to power window swap (I got the regulators and mortors allready) Also grabbed the seat belts and all the grab handels. I think I did alright price wise. Gotta put in more effort and get it all cleand up but thats the pick and pull life (or the resto on a buget life).
$168 is a hell of a deal. Around here, the 2 seats alone you'd do good to find for $150.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I'm so used to looking out the small mirrors. One time my mother-in-law wanted me to take her Ford 150 up to a lake in texas and tow her travel trailer up there and set it up at the state park for her. I said Okay. It would give me and my (little daughter at the time) something to do in the hot summer, take Memaws air conditioned truck up to the lake. I really didn't pay much attention at first until I was changing lanes. Now, she has those big ass tow mirrors on her truck because she has a camper shell and tows a boat sometimes and other times her travel trailer. Man when I looked into that mirror thinking mine was small and that's what I was used to, it was like hanging completely out the window and looking behind me the view was so huge! I could see miles behind me!! If it hadn't had the camper shell on it I could have looked three lanes to the right of the truck from the left!

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Picked this up this summer, a 2wd aluminum top cover sm465, came with the slave cylinder and line to master. Got it for $75! Not sure what year or what it was out of. Got it for my 48 gmc

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Picked this up this summer, a 2wd aluminum top cover sm465, came with the slave cylinder and line to master. Got it for $75! Not sure what year or what it was out of. Got it for my 48 gmc

If you plan to use the bellhousing with the passenger side slave cylinder, really inspect the 4 trans mounting holes before you put it in the truck. It is extremely super duper common for them to crack on that version for some reason.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
If you plan to use the bellhousing with the passenger side slave cylinder, really inspect the 4 trans mounting holes before you put it in the truck. It is extremely super duper common for them to crack on that version for some reason.
Well that kinda sucks lol, I basically got it for the hydraulic bellhousing.. since I'm swapping into a 48 gmc. Did you know what year range these bellhousings are?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Well that kinda sucks lol, I basically got it for the hydraulic bellhousing.. since I'm swapping into a 48 gmc. Did you know what year range these bellhousings are?

The aluminum top and shifter are well worth the price too!

It may not be cracked, but it is likely. They can be repaired too. They were only used '88-'90 and only in the GMT 400 series trucks.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
The aluminum top and shifter are well worth the price too!

It may not be cracked, but it is likely. They can be repaired too. They were only used '88-'90 and only in the GMT 400 series trucks.
I'm still thrilled about the trans don't get me wrong lol, I didn't see anything obvious but I haven't pulled the bell off yet. Thanks bucket!

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
I took a mental health day from the office last Friday and we went to the junkyard.

We found a fresh 1988 3/4 ton truck with a big block that had yet to be molested.
So we dove in.

The weekly special just happened to be $25 any radiator and this one has the 4 core copper brass feller in it.
Well, not any longer.
I took the radiator and fan shroud.

Then we went to town on removing the serpentine pulley system from the beautiful Mark IV engine.
The heads are the same set of 360's that we already have on our truck, so no need to go any deeper than under the valve covers.
While in there I took all the rocker arms, screw in studs, pushrods, and other simple to remove hardware.

Other than the stuff from the truck, there was a 1987 Dodge truck across the aisle.
It had its stock dog dish hub caps still, so those came with me as well as its single barrel Holley carb.
If it is good enough for a 225 slant six, perhaps it can be adapted to my 235 straight six in my 1954 Bel Air.

I also found a couple of auxiliary gauges that were removed and brought home.
One is a S&W 0-100 oil pressure gauge and the other is a VDO 90-400 transmission temp gauge.
Both of the senders came too....

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Zr2 blazer at the local yard

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Zr2 blazer at the local yard

Pull the goodies from that one?

Crazy how times have changed. I remember when those were new. The local Chevy dealer was charging an extra 5k on top of the normal price, just because they could. And now they are just getting tossed.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size

Crazy how times have changed. I remember when those were new. The local Chevy dealer was charging an extra 5k on top of the normal price, just because they could. And now they are just getting tossed.
Wat "goodies"?

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad

I am confident whoever wrote that one off did not know what they had. It was clean.

I grabbed the rear end to use for my 67 camaro and then due to various misadventures have lost it.

longer version:
Bought a direct bolt in 8.5 instead, sold the zr2 axle and then found that 8.5 was really 8.2 and dumped that one because it is 8.2. Now I am back to where I started with no 8.5 axle to go in the car

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
I am confident whoever wrote that one off did not know what they had. It was clean.

I grabbed the rear end to use for my 67 camaro and then due to various misadventures have lost it.

longer version:
Bought a direct bolt in 8.5 instead, sold the zr2 axle and then found that 8.5 was really 8.2 and dumped that one because it is 8.2. Now I am back to where I started with no 8.5 axle to go in the car

That is a pisser for sure.
I pulled an 8.6 from a S-10 not long ago for my '54 Bel Air.
Seems like there is only one at a time in the yard now.

The other day when we were there was the first time in as long as I can remember that there was not one square body truck in the yard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC