Rigged throttle cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmanter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hey guys. On my 1982 Chevy C10 I noticed it has been rigged by previous owners. The engine is a 250 from a 1976 vehicle. I think a Nova. The original straight six is long gone. Anyway I noticed the throttle cable was not done correctly and has been rigged on the truck. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? The kickdown cable isn’t even hooked up and I want it to be as correct as possible, so it won’t cause binding or other issues. Any help is appreciated! Seems the straight six linkage isn’t an easy thing to locate :/

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rickf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
1974, 1954 & a 1937
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
On my GMC inline sixes (pre 1960's) the throttle linkage ran between the block & manifold down to a bellcrank, then into the cab. I ended up with a lokar cable and firewall mounted pedal assembly. Your engine may have been in a pre-cable vehicle (linkage). Does your block have a pivot below the manifold an inch or two above the oil pan?

mmanter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
On my GMC inline sixes (pre 1960's) the throttle linkage ran between the block & manifold down to a bellcrank, then into the cab. I ended up with a lokar cable and firewall mounted pedal assembly. Your engine may have been in a pre-cable vehicle (linkage). Does your block have a pivot below the manifold an inch or two above the oil pan?
Right now there are no pivots or anything from what I could tell. It goes straight from the cab, drops down and comes up in a U before going to a rigged bracket and to the carburetor

mmanter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I did forget to mention I checked the code and it is date coded for 1976. Images I found of my engine set up match a 1976 Nova. Not certain that’s where it came from. Taking a guess. Here is another pic of the bracket as rigged

mmanter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
here is a picture of the area of the block. Don’t know if that’s what you were referring to.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!