Retro looking new Chevy trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OkieFishMan

Certified Camping and Fishing Nut
Reaction score
First Name
OkieFishMan
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C2500
Engine Size
454/SM465
Imagine if GM would do a retro pickup. Kinda how Chrysler did a modern take of the old E body Cuda's and/or Challenger and Ford did the fastback mustang. I think if they did that with a truck it could really strike a chord with some people. I'd like to see it.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Imagine if GM would do a retro pickup. Kinda how Chrysler did a modern take of the old E body Cuda's and/or Challenger and Ford did the fastback mustang. I think if they did that with a truck it could really strike a chord with some people. I'd like to see it.

I think you are onto something here.

OkieFishMan

Certified Camping and Fishing Nut
Reaction score
First Name
OkieFishMan
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C2500
Engine Size
454/SM465
I think I would seriously consider a "new" square body if they were to actually do it.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205

You remember the SSR... They'd really have to do the square body justice before I'd consider.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
You remember the SSR... They'd really have to do the square body justice before I'd consider.
The funny thing about SSRs is the only time I see them is sitting at body shops lol I guess that 6.0 is too much for the owners to handle. Lol

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Well........

They look like ****

...and that's about it...end of discussion for me.

Encinoman45

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I like the look but hate wrapped vehicles. Takes only a year before the sun takes its toll on them.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Why don't we simply lower all standards to the lowest common denominator as to not offend?
Hell, we might as well give everybody a ribbon for playing. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
Did you hear that they have created an "internet safe space" ?
It's called the power button.
If you don't like it, some would suggest that you don't read it but oh yeah...lowest common denominator.
Who was that guy? I want to block him.

Wait...

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I saw a pic of what's supposed to be the 2019 truck the other day. Holy sh!t, what a wheeled miscarriage. Think squinty headlights like the current Jeep Cherokee, and the slab sided plainness of the current ford trucks, mixed with the cab and door design form the current Colorado/Canyon trucks. The whole thing looks like ass. To the extent of making the 2018 trucks look damn good. If someone tried to do the two tone vinyl stripe like posted earlier in this thread, the end result would be tragically ugly.

r67northern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Leland
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban r20
Engine Size
Hey! This looks familiar to me?
I totally dig it!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Nice looking '77 - and I do kind of like the retro paint on the new one. A little bit of thought on the body lines for their next version and it could really catch on ... again.

What happened to two tone paint jobs anyway? I feel like those are due for a comeback.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Nice looking '77 - and I do kind of like the retro paint on the new one. A little bit of thought on the body lines for their next version and it could really catch on ... again.

What happened to two tone paint jobs anyway? I feel like those are due for a comeback.

Do you really want to see how much the extra expense of 2 tone paint ads to an already 50k truck?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407

They would have to do a major revamp on the body lines but they won’t the Luke Bryant crowd loves the bulbous body it reminds them of moobs.......you know man boobs.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS