Red and tacky vs blaster extra tacky red grease

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
ANyone use https://blasterproducts.com/product/red-grease/
It looks like its meant to be a lucas red and tacky alternative. but i cant find much about it other than it exists and i can find it but i cant find lucas red and tacky locally. I have a small grease gun with red and tacky (I got 3 small tubes at menards in a pack) and I use this for greasing pallet jacks and machinery at work.. they basically giving me the company card to get maintenance supplies.

I dont know much about industrial settings or what greases work best for machines but ANY grease is better than the nothing ours had for probably years lol. I figured stick to lithium based greases because of compatability with any other remaining greases and its likely what they were intended to use. not wanting to shove poly urea in and find out what happens.

But most of our machines are riveters, hand crank rollers, crimping machine, an elbow machine (which moves on two large shafts but it moves slowly i guess is the takeaway) and pallet jacks Like I mentioned.

We also have hand-packable bearings which go on machines that create the beads on hvac round elbows that allow them to turn, which get repacked fairly often but that would be the fastest moving thing we have.

So because most of this stuff is slow moving, I figure a high tack grease is a good option.

But Ive never used blaster, any thoughts?

We also have large table like things that cut coils of metal into round bodies , these have a lot of grease fittings and most are rollers which move the sheet from spot to spot (to get punched, crimped etc) so I think this would be a good application for this grease too.

We have a lot of oil-ports where you add sae 20 oil daily on things too but I just use the bulk oil they provide us

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
Both are NLGI#2 greases, so beyond and mfg claims to be more better than the other they should interchange in use with one another.

Here is a decent synopsis on the various NLGI grades, although #1 and #2 are the most common for most folks, the #1 (probably most easily found as cornhead grease) is much more fluid like and is suitable for enclosed grease filled gearboxes, as the grease settles to the bottom and can be moved around by the gear movement. Whereas #2 will get flung off gears and not settle back to be redistributed.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I’ve almost used all of a blaster tacky and I will be loading a Lucas I found at auto store to be used next. I’ll get an idea for how the grease behaves on a surface level and I have a few machines I can report back on how well the grease “stays”

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1