Rear window clarification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
as usual I'm a little confused and could use some clarification on my 85.
Is this an original or aftermarket?

You must be registered for see images attach
That appears to be aftermarket, an original would have a thicker aluminum frame like this.

Last edited:

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
@Craig 85 how are you doing down there? Hope all is ok with the fires, have about a 1/2 mile visability up here east of Redding!

The CR Laurence glass has a grey tone to it and is darker than the OEM shaded glass.

The fire got bad really quickly. 50 acres to 1000 acres within and hour!! It got within about 5 miles of my house, but the winds were quickly bringing it my direction. We were packed and ready to go. One good thing for me is the airport with the CDF Air Attack is just below my house and the fire would have had to get through that first. I have a friend in Chicago Park that the fire got within 1000 yards of her house before they stopped it.

Thank god the air attack crews flew an hour and a half beyond their normal grounding time of 7 pm. If not, this fire would have been much worse.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That appears to be aftermarket, an original would have a thicker aluminum frame

That looks just like mine, including the wider rubber gasket.
Not sure if it's factory though. The metal latch says "Prestige".

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
The CR Laurence glass has a grey tone to it and is darker than the OEM shaded glass.

The fire got bad really quickly. 50 acres to 1000 acres within and hour!! It got within about 5 miles of my house, but the winds were quickly bringing it my direction. We were packed and ready to go. One good thing for me is the airport with the CDF Air Attack is just below my house and the fire would have had to get through that first. I have a friend in Chicago Park that the fire got within 1000 yards of her house before they stopped it.

Thank god the air attack crews flew an hour and a half beyond their normal grounding time of 7 pm. If not, this fire would have been much worse.

I have friends in Nevada City, they're safe too so that is good news! Over the past years I have grown to hate this time of year. I live 16 miles outside of Redding head east towards Burney. And we have had to evac several times. So far so good and fingers crossed for everyone!!

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

as you can see, my rusty truck has a aluminum framed original rear slider, which matches my dads 75 with the same.

this 78 does NOT appear to be stock from what i can tell

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
i

in addition to the non stock sunroof, the slider is different as one can see

here is mine on the inside(80)

here is a 77 cab with an unfortunate punch out of one pane of the otherwise flawless slider

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I need the piece behind the driver. I have an old original slider from my first 76 I bought in Jan 1976. The one on my new '76 must have had a camper top on it and scratched the hell out of it. Please PM me and I will buy it off you and Venmo you cash to ship it to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you! ! !

Haven't forgot - just been side tracked lately. Will try to get a pic tomorrow.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I need the piece behind the driver. I have an old original slider from my first 76 I bought in Jan 1976. The one on my new '76 must have had a camper top on it and scratched the hell out of it. Please PM me and I will buy it off you and Venmo you cash to ship it to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you! ! !

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
@Raybo135 if you already talked to him great, but the passenger side on my cab i could check for scratches if need be its not doing much but i would assume you could just turn it around but i could be wrong

that is a 83 ad, for ppeople ewondering about the OE look into the 80s as well i think it stayed constant at least for a long time

Raybo135

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Raymond
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
@Raybo135 if you already talked to him great, but the passenger side on my cab i could check for scratches if need be its not doing much but i would assume you could just turn it around but i could be wrong

that is a 83 ad, for ppeople ewondering about the OE look into the 80s as well i think it stayed constant at least for a long time
Aurora Girl--I would very much like to have the Passenger side. The other guy's window is different than that from a '76 factory slider. PM me and we can discuss payment and shipping

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
What year truck is this an original for. Mine looks different. Do you have the rough measurements?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL