ratchet wrenches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon_l1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
350/sm465/np205
alright fellas got a quick question. I want to buy a set of ratchet wrenches, i have one 10mm gear wrench and that thing is dead useful. i probally use it more than any other wrench i own. so here is my question what brand should i go with? Snap-on mac matco, and cornwell, i can not afford point blank period. I stuck between sk craftsman, and gear wrench. i really want to try some sk tools, i have heard a lot of good things about them. so let me know what you guys think.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
These metric gearwrenches are the best I used in ratchet wrenches. Better than any other brand name. I'm gonna get the SAE set of these soon.

You must be registered for see images attach

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
These metric gearwrenches are the best I used in ratchet wrenches. Better than any other brand name. I'm gonna get the SAE set of these soon.

You must be registered for see images attach

Where did you get 'em?

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
gear wrench, find a USED set on ebay, if they break take them into a parts store that sells them and exchange them.

FYI GearWrench is who makes snap-on and Matcos rathet wrenches.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
gear wrench, find a USED set on ebay, if they break take them into a parts store that sells them and exchange them.

FYI GearWrench is who makes snap-on and Matcos rathet wrenches.

Matco - yes. Snap On - no. SO ratcheting wrenches are USA made. Now Blue Point on the other hand are Taiwan made but are made by Cendai, not GW.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Matco - yes. Snap On - no. SO ratcheting wrenches are USA made. Now Blue Point on the other hand are Taiwan made but are made by Cendai, not GW.

my mistake, I though snappy were also made by gear wrench

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
What do you guys find to be the biggest headache with ratcheting wrenches? I saw a set at Oreilly that I think were Goodwrench for like $30/set. I generally use sockets more for high torque situations, so I figured it would suffice if I went that route. I'd only use it for stuff like working on my son's bike or changing battery, oil, etc. Bad idea??

Brandon_l1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
350/sm465/np205
What do you guys find to be the biggest headache with ratcheting wrenches? I saw a set at Oreilly that I think were Goodwrench for like $30/set. I generally use sockets more for high torque situations, so I figured it would suffice if I went that route. I'd only use it for stuff like working on my son's bike or changing battery, oil, etc. Bad idea??

my dad told me once cheap tools are better than no tools. so most of what i own is cheap and i have fixed a lot of vehicles with them. so why not if they turn out to be crap it was only 30 bucks.

78shortandwide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have a set of gear wrenches, and the only problem I have found is that the gears jam up sometimes. To fix it I have to hit the gear end on something to unjam it.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
my dad told me once cheap tools are better than no tools. so most of what i own is cheap and i have fixed a lot of vehicles with them. so why not if they turn out to be crap it was only 30 bucks.

:waytogo:

83K5guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
i have gear wrecnh and i have had only 2 kind of stick but a quick blast of oil and rotate it a couple of time to get the dirt and what not out it works fine, i also have some cheapy HF ratchets wrenchs and i have used the crap out of it and works just like my gear wrench

Beatdown Z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a few Gearwrenchs I bought from Lowe's and I keep buying more. I should have just bought the whole sets to begin with. Love them!

83K5guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
A guys has one a work it's four different size ratchet wrenches in one. I tryed to find one but it has no model/part number. It's has a 8mm on one side flip it over and a 10mm its a stepped design then on the other side I think is a 12mm and a 13mm pretty cool but gear wrenches get pricy on some sets. If your like me Im OCD and have to buy a whole set and can't buy a wrench by itself because I think well I might buy two more another down the road then the price of buying three wrenches separately I could of bought a whole set.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06