random purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Got it out.
You must be registered for see images attach
I'da given you a discount to winch it out. We give Mustang owners discounts. Volume Discount, since we tow so many.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You're tellin me you were just driving along, goin real slow, and you spun off the road all of a sudden - out of nowhere?

Tell the joke @bucket !
That's how all those Mustangs end up in the middle of crowds of people at car shows. Just cruising along in the parking lot and all of a sudden, it's like Christine takes over and they run over people and crash into parked cars.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Rear hydroplaned right as I was aproachung 45-50mph. If you look at the geography of the location, it took me over 1/2 a mile to reach that speed after turning, on a road with 65mph speed limit. I was being aware of rain, but apparently not aware to the levels of what this car is capable of. I do not think it even spun the tires as I was off the throttle the instant I felt rear physically lift. And I did not even attempt to brake, no actual skid marks in the gravlel. It pulled out very easy as it did not even dig in. Just sat on top of the grass.

It is surely easy to claim speeding or excessive throttle, and I am sure everyone driving by were laughing and happy that a speeding mustang flew off the road. Except the driver behind me when it happened crapped his pants when I almost spun right in to him out if nowhere while he was trying to pass my slow ass.

My mistake was thinking I could get up to 60mph on a road with no standing water and great run off. But with known crappy rear tires.
You're tellin me you were just driving along, goin real slow, and you spun off the road all of a sudden - out of nowhere?

Tell the joke @bucket !

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
That's how all those Mustangs end up in the middle of crowds of people at car shows. Just cruising along in the parking lot and all of a sudden, it's like Christine takes over and they run over people and crash into parked cars.

Yep, that's what's a little humorous. It seems like whenever you see a video of a Mustang, they often end up spinning off the road and into a crowd, a field, or a wall.

73c20jim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
1973, 1973
Truck Model
C20 2WD Custom Deluxe. C10 2WD Base Model
Engine Size
350 CID 195/260 HP Goodwrench crate, 400 CID 2bbl
"crappy rear tires" ?????

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
"crappy rear tires" ?????
Correct. The rear on the mustang must be decently lighter than the Trans Am that I drove with slicks before. So lack of experience got me even while taking precautions.

Or I will just stand by that someone must have had a camera out and mustang physics worked

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Dude that's kind of sad and kind of funny! Glad you nor the car got hurt. It's not Mustang specific though, the same thing happened to me in the SS except I hit a pole after braking in the rain to avoid smashing the bitch that ran the light in front of me.

Share in the sad face. :(
Yeah, the back tires STAY slick.

Last edited:

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
I took a short driving course last year where they let us run a Mazda Miata around the skid pad as fast as we wanted to. They had us run it up to comfortable speed (they had wet down the pavement), driving in a circle in 2nd, and then told us to let off the gas.

It was really surprising how instantly that rear end came around as soon as I let off the gas and unloaded the weight on the rear end. I could usually correct it by steering into the skid and applying a little gas to get it to line up, but it required really quick reactions to stop a spin. I've spent a lot of years driving on snow and ice, and thought I was pretty good at skid recovery, but I learned a lot from trying it on pavement. You have to be really fast once that rear end breaks loose.

Bruce

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I took a short driving course last year where they let us run a Mazda Miata around the skid pad as fast as we wanted to. They had us run it up to comfortable speed (they had wet down the pavement), driving in a circle in 2nd, and then told us to let off the gas.

It was really surprising how instantly that rear end came around as soon as I let off the gas and unloaded the weight on the rear end. I could usually correct it by steering into the skid and applying a little gas to get it to line up, but it required really quick reactions to stop a spin. I've spent a lot of years driving on snow and ice, and thought I was pretty good at skid recovery, but I learned a lot from trying it on pavement. You have to be really fast once that rear end breaks loose.

Bruce
Yep
Lots of people do that in a Porsche or beetle

And it flips around instantly

Go into a corner too fast and lift off the gas suddenly and one half second later you’re goin off the road backwards

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Completely different scenario, but weight transfer can create issues. I had no place to even try and carry the slide out as road is basically straight 2 lanes. My preffered method was to go off straight or backwards, and try to skip the side ways exit as much as possible.
Usually in tight corners I can use the unloading of rear to start a slide and steer with throttle, but in really sleek conditions it is a lot harder to get right.

In the end all is well with no damage to the car. Except a bit of mud on the wheels.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Was going to scuff up the spoiler for paint and turned out it was plastic dipped. Very much a pain to remove. Top is baked on and has to be sanded off. Still trying to decide if it should be flat black, gloss black or white

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Replaced passenger side belt and the webbing on the driver side. Turned out I had wrong assembly for replacement but webbing it self was the same. Also attempted to fix my broken jack.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Moved the gauge location to the top and replaced with working gauges. Starting to look more complete. Added storage pocket where gauges used to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rumpity_z28