random purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Lots of respect for anyone willing to tear into a transmission!

Haven't seen older trans rebuilds or even done one. But I did see 3 or 4 on the 6l80e on youtube. They make it look so simple.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Lots of respect for anyone willing to tear into a transmission!
Ive been in one but only ever pulled and swapped the pump in a th350, and a filter and fluid change. Im too chicken **** to try a rebuild. I give them guys alotta credit.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
From an early age, I was able to tear anything apart, putting it back together again and working properly is another story!
You sound like my son, always taking stuff apart. Never had a remote car for over week without pulling completely down. We boxed everything up and when he turned 30 we gave all of it back to him ,said happy birthday, some assembly required!!

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sound like my son, always taking stuff apart. Never had a remote car for over week without pulling completely down. We boxed everything up and when he turned 30 we gave all of it back to him ,said happy birthday, some assembly required!!
Exactly, I’m 66 now but I did manage to keep a few of my old toys but they were of the heavy duty variety. I even have my old Lionel train set that I will be passing on to my grandsons in a year or two.

It was hard on toys but my interest in how things work started with those sacrificial toys.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Exactly, I’m 66 now but I did manage to keep a few of my old toys but they were of the heavy duty variety. I even have my old Lionel train set that I will be passing on to my grandsons in a year or two.

It was hard on toys but my interest in how things work started with those sacrificial toys.
He still doesn't like to get his hands greasy. He paints airplanes at Western Aircraft in Boise. He can get into thinner,paint and all of that but still doesn't like grease of any kind. I 've told him the grease is probably better than the paint stuff!! Hopefully he will get out of the painting end pretty soon, I hope! Still got couple of cars for him to paint ,gotta hurry!

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Will see how this one works. Only been working with 4l60e/700r4 before, but this one is a lot easier to deal with than a 4l60e so far.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
About ready to continue assembly. Case is prepped and the secondary shaft installed. Got the flywheel turned and doing the rear main seal as well.
You must be registered for see images attach

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Waiting for clutch now.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Finally received the clutch, followed with install. Had to use the driveshaft as a plug. I already filled the transmission and when tilted it was very happy to pour out of the back. Need to install new exhaust hangers and that new radiator that I decided to buy for it.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Installed 4 new exhaust hangers and the car is back down on the ground. Unfortunately the new radiator that I ordered got lost by ups and I already had taken out the original. So still no test drive

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Been daily driving on and off until now. Traded for a Harley, so it is gone now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK