Quadrajet Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Linville33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scotsdale
Engine Size
SBC 400
I recently bought an 83 Scotsdale and need to get it running again. Was gonna pull motor but need to get it up and running. It has a small block 400, quadrajet in it. Don't know anything about carbs. I need to know what rebuild kit I need to get to rebuild this carb.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
You order your kit according to the part number of the carb. Its found on the side of the carb but not sure which side.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
left side back side. will either start with 1705 or 1708. there are far older ones but those are the two common ones.

Quadrajet Power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
If you have the original quadrajet, the code will be on driver side on main body above the secondary shaft. Should be 17083224.

If you are going to rebuild it yourself, I recommend contacting cliffshighperformance.com for good quality, ethanol compatible parts. Don't get a parts store kit.

If you are looking for a new built quadrajet to swap out, I have an 83 chevy quadrajet (17083224) I could build for you and take yours back as a core. Let me know if you have any questions.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I recently bought an 83 Scotsdale and need to get it running again. Was gonna pull motor but need to get it up and running. It has a small block 400, quadrajet in it. Don't know anything about carbs. I need to know what rebuild kit I need to get to rebuild this carb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLpUqS9zrP8

This is pretty good how to. Just DONT pull the power piston out like this guy does.

Linville33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scotsdale
Engine Size
SBC 400
My buddy has a book on how to rebuild them I just don't know anything about carbs

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I would suggest getting a junk yard donor and practicing a few times on it before doing yours

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Make sure to coat your gaskets on both side with white lithium grease. It will save your gasket in case you have to take the carb apart again.:)

Linville33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scotsdale
Engine Size
SBC 400
Alright thanks guys I think I can handle rebuilding it. Key word there being think. My buddy's dad has rebuilt them in the past I think ill have him help me on it as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eatfood