Quad Shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Maybe i'm wrong, but the time to measure an old part, then try to reproduce it to spec, seems VERY time consuming...

It IS very time consuming. Which is why most of us will buy a piece if it's not unreasonably priced. However, sometimes you can't buy the piece and you have no choice. Or, just as often, because we want to make it better, or more impressive.

Yesterday I made this adapter for a guy trying to put a different fan on a flathead Ford V-8. (Don't ask) And guess what? Nobody sells these. Someone has to design it and make it. It took me all damn day to do it.

You must be registered for see images attach

BTW, since you were talking about the differences between metal and wood, there was a piece in Modern Machine Shop, "You might be a machinist,..." and I think #7 was "You look at the tolerances in woodworking and just shake your head."

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
It IS very time consuming. Which is why most of us will buy a piece if it's not unreasonably priced. However, sometimes you can't buy the piece and you have no choice. Or, just as often, because we want to make it better, or more impressive.

Yesterday I made this adapter for a guy trying to put a different fan on a flathead Ford V-8. (Don't ask) And guess what? Nobody sells these. Someone has to design it and make it. It took me all damn day to do it.

You must be registered for see images attach

BTW, since you were talking about the differences between metal and wood, there was a piece in Modern Machine Shop, "You might be a machinist,..." and I think #7 was "You look at the tolerances in woodworking and just shake your head."

I come to guys like you for stuff I cant find, or stuff I just need machined. I have very limited fab skills.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I come to guys like you for stuff I cant find, or stuff I just need machined. I have very limited fab skills.

Machining is one thing because most of us don't have a Bridgeport in our garage. But a lot of fab stuff is just cutting, drilling and bending. Most of what it takes is time, patience, and practice. Mostly patience. You strike me as the kind of guy that could learn to do it.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Machining is one thing because most of us don't have a Bridgeport in our garage. But a lot of fab stuff is just cutting, drilling and bending. Most of what it takes is time, patience, and practice. Mostly patience. You strike me as the kind of guy that could learn to do it.

I can turn wrenches all day, but my mind becomes muddled when it comes to fab work.

I have to read for weeks before I do a major upgrade to my vehichles(14 bolt shave). I need to go in with pure confidence I will get it right. (The damn Avaitors timing for instance, HOLY HELL)

What you did with that fan adapter is pure art, and I am just in awe of your skill.(no matter the tools, you have some damn skill)

I do have a friend that has skill like you, but like I have said before, I will not use someone as a crutch. I only call him or visit him at the shop for advice when my research comes up short.

But it has been a long time since I have had to do anything more than make an egr block plate, or something like that.

Last edited:

Squaretug

Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I added quad shocks when I took off my front sway bar, hoping it would help with any body roll. I did not notice much difference with them. I took them off when I put the front sway bar back on. It actually rode better without them. But that reminds me, it is about time I take the brackets off the frame!
I'll buy the quad shock mounts if you took them off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg