Quad Shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richiemoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
4.3L

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Every Marine is a rifleman. I can't understand why every truck enthusiast isn't a fabricator? What the hell is wrong with you people?! It's just a tab for God's sake, make the damn thing! You're seriously going to scour the internet for a $5 part?

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Every Marine is a rifleman. I can't understand why every truck enthusiast isn't a fabricator? What the hell is wrong with you people?! It's just a tab for God's sake, make the damn thing! You're seriously going to scour the internet for a $5 part?

I quake at your awesomeness. If you make those exact tabs, we would be more than willing to pay you double, say $10.

I absolutely apologize for not living up to your standard as an enthusiast. God forgive me.

Last edited:

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size

I expect to see you whine like this in every damn thread.

Why every single person is not a damn fabricator.

Those are not just tabs.

What I bought for the rear of my Suburban, and welded on(all by myself). Those were just some tabs. Cost me $2.50 each from ORD.

I am just lazy, that's why I dont fabricate my own ****.

I just let my water jet, and all my other cool **** collect dust. Just figured I would make clear how lazy I am.

Whine on.

Last edited:

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Lol. I'll break out the cheese. You have a waterjet? Now I'm really jelous. If I had one of those I'd be making Delorians in my garage.

richiemoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
4.3L
I'd love to learn how to fab parts! But i don't know if i have all of the tools to do it... I recently bought my first welder (lincoln tombstone arc welder) and a friend is suppose to give me his late brothers 110 mig welder, to restore my wife's wrangler. I have a small drill press, and a lot of wood working tools. Tools for pretty much everything to work on a vehicle. But i've never learned to fab stuff. Maybe i'm wrong, but the time to measure an old part, then try to reproduce it to spec, seems VERY time consuming... I design in CAD everyday, so while i can easily draw something up, i'd have a hard time making it... Plus with a half finished house that we gutted last October, a now pregnant wife (2nd child on the way), and my business is picking up, it really does seem easier to just buy a $5 or $10 part...

Maybe it would be easy to fabricate this mount! But the process in my head is over complicating it to try making it as perfect as possible, which seems overwhelming and time consuming....

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Maybe I sounded a little too serious. I was being cynical. However, I've been dabbing parts for 30 years for two reasons. 1. I'm cheap and always think I can make it for far less than what it's worth. 2. I enjoy the time alone, engineering things and feeling the satisfaction of seeing it come to fruition.

I'm wrong 90% of the time. It's almost always cheaper to buy it and it always takes 2-3 times longer than I planned.

But.... I still do it... almost every night. For some it's the doctor, for some it's the pills, I do it cuz it gives me a thrill.

richiemoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
4.3L
Maybe I sounded a little too serious. I was being cynical. However, I've been dabbing parts for 30 years for two reasons. 1. I'm cheap and always think I can make it for far less than what it's worth. 2. I enjoy the time alone, engineering things and feeling the satisfaction of seeing it come to fruition.

I'm wrong 90% of the time. It's almost always cheaper to buy it and it always takes 2-3 times longer than I planned.

But.... I still do it... almost every night. For some it's the doctor, for some it's the pills, I do it cuz it gives me a thrill.
I didn't take what you said too seriously! I really do want to learn to do this stuff!! I HATE working with wood! My walls aren't squared, so even if my trim cuts are perfect, it doesn't fit together. Metal, you can do anything you want with metal. In the designs that i did for a large automotive supplier, the parts had to be designed and the dies made, had to be within 100th of a mil for tolerances. I'm extremely cheap, which is why i learn to do everything myself. To which, i enjoy learning to do these things. But with so many projects now, i feel like i get nothing done...

When we took my wife's jeep to the sand dunes, the shop where we bought a flag, the guy fabricated two custom made mounts for the jeep bumper, in maybe 5 minutes. It was impressive!!! He took some scrap metal, welded it, then drilled two holes; one for bumper mount and one for the flag. I'd love to learn how to do that!!!

With the million projects that i have, i enjoy working on this old truck and my wife's jeep, since they don't need to be driven the next day, it is relaxing. Plus, with a kid on the way and raising my 17month old daughter to be a total badass, i'm excited to restore these vehicles as they are growing up. As well as having me time in the garage when everyone else is asleep.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Lol. I'll break out the cheese. You have a waterjet? Now I'm really jelous. If I had one of those I'd be making Delorians in my garage.

I like Gouda. Lol

I wish I had a darn water jet.

I got all four tabs shipped for cheaper from ORD than I could get the 3/16 plate for.

I will make my own EGR block, and stuff like that. But for some things it's just cheaper to buy pre made.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size

I know exactly what you mean. I am on these pills till surgery, but now that I am a tad mobile, nothing makes me happier than to just pop my hood and stare.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
I didn't take what you said too seriously! I really do want to learn to do this stuff!! I HATE working with wood! My walls aren't squared, so even if my trim cuts are perfect, it doesn't fit together. Metal, you can do anything you want with metal. In the designs that i did for a large automotive supplier, the parts had to be designed and the dies made, had to be within 100th of a mil for tolerances. I'm extremely cheap, which is why i learn to do everything myself. To which, i enjoy learning to do these things. But with so many projects now, i feel like i get nothing done...

When we took my wife's jeep to the sand dunes, the shop where we bought a flag, the guy fabricated two custom made mounts for the jeep bumper, in maybe 5 minutes. It was impressive!!! He took some scrap metal, welded it, then drilled two holes; one for bumper mount and one for the flag. I'd love to learn how to do that!!!

With the million projects that i have, i enjoy working on this old truck and my wife's jeep, since they don't need to be driven the next day, it is relaxing. Plus, with a kid on the way and raising my 17month old daughter to be a total badass, i'm excited to restore these vehicles as they are growing up. As well as having me time in the garage when everyone else is asleep.

You seem to have the drive, you will learn all you want if you stay driven.

Enjoy your kids now. Mine are 11, 10, 9, 3.

Sometimes I wonder why. Lol

They loved they're first day of school Tuesday. Find that odd. Lol
You must be registered for see images attach

Joe T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I rarely fabricate anything. Rather support a shop that does that type of specialty stuff, plus save my time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell