Project Consolidation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Ya'll can call me HRPC, but I have a new plan!

So as some of you know, I've accumulated a lot of vehicles over the last few years. Unfortunately a lot of them were bought as non running or they are now non running. I don't have time to do them all, so I figured I'd let them sit until I had time. But things are getting out of hand and I need to do something different. So here's what I have to work with:

'86 Chevy Celebrity Eurosport sedan. I bought this car, fixed it up, sold to my buddy who broke it, then I bought it back to fix up. Body and interior were perfect, but now has hail damage. Lost some interest after the hail damage, and because I'd rather have a wagon.

'88 Chevy Celebrity Eurosport wagon. I bought this car a few parts at a time, then finally the rest of it after the owner finally gave in. Drivetrain and dash were removed for the '86 sedan. Kept the wagon body around to eventually maybe do something with it.

'95 Pontiac Trans Sport. My mom's old van, kept it around to steal parts from, still a little bit left. Parts work on the Celebs.

'78 Chevy Nova. Bought as a project with a fresh 454 and a lot of other parts. Haven't done much with it because I wanted to do everything really nice and I haven't had the time for that. Didn't want to skimp because then it would fit the stereotype of this bodystyle.

Then finally my '84 C10 stepside. Kinda my beater/resto truck that I often can't work on because I'm driving it. But planed to keep things pretty stock but with a mild 350.

So now my consolidation plan:

The '86 sedan and '88 wagon change rolls. I put the wagon BACK together and use all the nice rust-free parts from the '86 sedan. Kind of a shame I'll be doing what I undid, but hey, at least I can easily paint the underhood area whatever color I choose. The sedan will end up stripped completely and the body cut up for rust repair panels, then scrapped.

The '95 Trans Sport can donate it's rear springs, large rear brakes, and onboard air compressor setup, then scrapped.

The '78 Nova and my '84 pickup will switch powertrain. The Nova will get my tired but extremely trusty 305 and I have a long tail th350 that works. Then sell the car for a cheap price so it goes quick. My pickup will get the 454 and th400 (unless I can do some trading for a A883, wink wink) and it will finally have some balls like it deserves.

So in short, I get rid of 3 vehicles. I get to have a wagon like I want, and my pickup will be fun to drive. Plus, I'll have the wagon to DD, so I can give my pickup some love finally. And It won't cost me anything because I have EVERYTHING to make it all happen. No modifications or problems to work out, just bolt a bunch of stuff together. I will actually profit from all of it when the Nova sells.

So if anyone read that novel, have any better ideas that might be simpler? I think it's a pretty good idea myself.

And anyone interested in a cheap Nova? :rofl:

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
what about the old blazer with the d60 up front gonna keep working on it or sell it off?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
what about the old blazer with the d60 up front gonna keep working on it or sell it off?

Keep working on it too, but this is not my priority at the moment. I need some better equipment at the house so I can do things how I want. The stuff I listed above is just wrenching and parts swapping so it can easily happen first.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I say it sounds like a good plan! Good idea focusing on a smaller group of your fleet too. My only words of wisdom are to follow this plan through to completion, BEFORE working on ANYTHING else! I know you have other vehicles with plans, but I think it would be a huge mental relief to get this done and move on. I know the temptation is going to be there to want to work on your other stuff, but don't do it! With the profits from the Nova and scrap, it will make your other projects "easier" to swallow, or ease whatever situations you have going at that time.

I wish I was close enough to help you out with this project.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The only other project that is sort of important is my '88 Burb, but I still need a few things for it (exhaust, trans is still at the shop, etc) to get that done.

I think I'll do the Nova/pickup thing first, that way the Nova will be out of the garage. Then I can bring both Celebs into the garage and have them side by side and get that knocked out. And when that is done, we will have something besides a gas guzzlin' Burb that the entire family can fit in.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Some things will pop up that take priority over your plan, that's life.

Unrelated, I saw a 76 Nova on CL locally that reminded me of yours.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I like the plan :) I say do it and get after it :)

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Ill take the Crew :) just drop it off when you come by.

There i just gave you alot more room for projetcs.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Lol, ain't getting rid of the crew. I just want more stuff running and less stuff sitting around.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Sounds like a good plan to me. I've always liked those Nova's, but I already have too many projects and not enough space.

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
Station wagons FTW. I see you've already made progress with the pickup and the Nova and I hope things keep going well for you.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Do it !!! Don't sell the Nova to cheap. Someone wanting a hotrod body will buy it and motor won't matter cuz they'll be putting their own in it anyway.

I was thinking you were making a deal with that guy on the A883. Didn't happen huh??? :grd:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Do it !!! Don't sell the Nova to cheap. Someone wanting a hotrod body will buy it and motor won't matter cuz they'll be putting their own in it anyway.

I was thinking you were making a deal with that guy on the A883. Didn't happen huh??? :grd:

Still hoping to work out a deal on the A883, turns out both of us apparently have busy schedules.

I might be selling the Nova soon too. A new guy at work came over yesterday to get some tires I gave him, well today he asked how much I wanted for the Nova as-is (still without engine/trans). I told him $800 and that includes the 305/th350, the Draglites, subframe connectors, Hurst shifter, and a pair of Camaro bucket seats. He just needs to get a couple good paychecks first.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Still hoping to work out a deal on the A883, turns out both of us apparently have busy schedules.

I might be selling the Nova soon too. A new guy at work came over yesterday to get some tires I gave him, well today he asked how much I wanted for the Nova as-is (still without engine/trans). I told him $800 and that includes the 305/th350, the Draglites, subframe connectors, Hurst shifter, and a pair of Camaro bucket seats. He just needs to get a couple good paychecks first.

Sweet....make money, get rid of some stuff you don't want, give someone else a project, and don't have to put it back together. Win..Win..Win..Win

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising