power window relay mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If you want it setup as auto down I can do that. You’ll want access to your existing window wiring @ the door shell.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
In the circled area is where you’ll be splicing my wiring into your existing. From that area back, I provide all new wiring to the relay bank and motor. If you are swapping from manual doors to power, you’ll also need the center dash harness w/fuse panel leads as well as a lock relay-all of which I have.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
For those of you that may be "newer" to the site. I can vouch for @gmachinz kits. I install the auto down kit on my burb on all four doors. The quality of the kit was top notch and he was a pleasure to work with. :waytogo: I would not hesitate to buy from him again.

JonnyBlazeLQ4

Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic
Engine Size
It doesnt need to be complicated-it can be a sanitary and stock appearing upgrade. This image shows auto down added but the basic relay kit is seen here as well. This is as easy as it gets right here.

Hi. Do you still sell these and how much? Thanks.

454-k10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rodney
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Why is he no longer a member here? I bought his relay kit 3 years ago and I’m finally getting around to installing it but have some questions. Do you know where he can be reached?

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
Why is he no longer a member here? I bought his relay kit 3 years ago and I’m finally getting around to installing it but have some questions. Do you know where he can be reached?
No longer here for the same reason he has been banned from multiple other sites. I think he has a facebook page or website but I do not recall what it is named.

Looking back I would guess "Harnessworx" in some fashion.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Shoot us your questions (possibly w/some pix too) and perhaps we can help.

Go back and look at Post #22.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Pic #1 = auto down
Pic #2 = auto up & down
Since all GM modules do not have the same wiring, follow the letters on the modules NOT the color code!

454-k10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rodney
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
No longer here for the same reason he has been banned from multiple other sites. I think he has a facebook page or website but I do not recall what it is named.

Looking back I would guess "Harnessworx" in some fashion.
I appreciate it. I don’t know anything about the guy. I just read a few people said his relay harnesses were very good quality. I’m not sure if I’m going to use them. The LMC ones go direct to the battery for there power source instead of tapping into the existing harness like these. I’m not sure how much voltage/amperage difference there will be one way or the other. These ones, gmmachinz, harnesses are much cleaner. I appreciate it Animal.

454-k10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rodney
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Shoot us your questions (possibly w/some pix too) and perhaps we can help.

Go back and look at Post #22.
In the circled area is where you’ll be splicing my wiring into your existing. From that area back, I provide all new wiring to the relay bank and motor. If you are swapping from manual doors to power, you’ll also need the center dash harness w/fuse panel leads as well as a lock relay-all of which I have.

Snoots, my only real question is, where is this harness supposed to be spliced in at? His kit provided a connector and pins to connect the existing harness to his kit. But he provided no instructions. I’m not ok hacking up my original wiring harness unless I know exactly what I’m doing. His written instructions here are vague and even back then he had zero customer support. I couldn’t remember why I didn’t put these on the truck I had at that time and I remembered it was because I didn’t know where to cut and crimp his connector in.

I can shoot a few pics. I’m not sure if any of you are familiar with this particular kit. If not I understand. But if someone has some info I’d appreciate it. Having a full picture will allow me to determine whether or not I’m going to make a relay kit, buy the lmc one or use this one I already have. Thanks again.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
For now I'd stick with the one you have. Post a pic of what you are dealing with; truck-wise.
You got this. Slow and methodically.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
I appreciate it. I don’t know anything about the guy. I just read a few people said his relay harnesses were very good quality. I’m not sure if I’m going to use them. The LMC ones go direct to the battery for there power source instead of tapping into the existing harness like these. I’m not sure how much voltage/amperage difference there will be one way or the other. These ones, gmmachinz, harnesses are much cleaner. I appreciate it Animal.
Like @Snoots says, What you have is much cleaner and I think much better quality than you would get elsewhere. The guy dose quality work when you can actually get what you paid for.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
I hate to be “that guy” but I’d skip the auto up feature.

Vehicles with auto up windows have sophisticated electronics to stop and reverse the window if something prevents the window from going all the way up. This started years ago with a sunroof lawsuit, apparently a kid got his neck stuck in the sunroof and suffocated.

If you look at power window switches today, you notice they all have buttons that have to be lifted instead of pushed to make the window go up. All because of of the sunroof lawsuit.

Maybe you don’t have kids, so this isn’t relevant. Or maybe your dog who like to stick his head out the window while your driving, who knows? Just something to consider.

454-k10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rodney
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
For now I'd stick with the one you have. Post a pic of what you are dealing with; truck-wise.
You got this. Slow and methodically.
I went to MMI years ago and took multiple electrical classes. Most people don’t like electrical work but I actually enjoy it more than anything. I solder and heat shrink everything I can. I’ll take a few pics a little later today. Once I figure exactly where this aftermarket harness ties in I’ll be good. And honestly the quality of these harnesses is amazing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84