power window relay mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I meant going into the doors. The lock relay is mounted to the pedal brace in towards the firewall gas pedal side.
Right, but I'm talking power windows that's separate from the locks right??, and a whole different harness??.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Right, but I'm talking power windows that's separate from the locks right??, and a whole different harness??.
On mine it’s all together like the one I have just laying here.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
On mine it’s all together like the one I have just laying here.
I'll have to look in Big red and see where **** is plugged in and see if JGG has the same thing, that sure would be nice..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I'll have to look in Big red and see where **** is plugged in and see if JGG has the same thing, that sure would be nice..
If not I still have that extra harness.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
3 different door harnesses, 1) power locks, 2) power windows, 3) BOTH power locks & windows.

Evil Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
It doesnt need to be complicated-it can be a sanitary and stock appearing upgrade. This image shows auto down added but the basic relay kit is seen here as well. This is as easy as it gets right here.

You must be registered for see images attach

My new to me 1988 K5 has a super slow passenger power window issue. It came with power windows from the factory. The previous owner claimed he replaced the motor and switch, which I believe he was a stand up dude. Do you think this upgrade kit will help my issue? How do I buy one? My Blazer is super clean and I love driving her. I want to fix all the little crap like this. The stupid windshield wipers don't shut off from the switch either, so annoying.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The first thing to do is make sure your window sweeps are in good shape and arent causing any issue. Then, make sure the scissor assembly is greased really well as well as the roller track.

After that, as long as the wiring itself is in good physical condition (ie no frayed wiring @ the connectors) then yes basicaly a good relay kit is one which converts the switches to act as ground triggers only and this will provide more voltage to the motors. With more voltage the motors will react faster with more torque and will no donit with less amp draw-at least with my kits they do.

Evil Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
The first thing to do is make sure your window sweeps are in good shape and arent causing any issue. Then, make sure the scissor assembly is greased really well as well as the roller track.

After that, as long as the wiring itself is in good physical condition (ie no frayed wiring @ the connectors) then yes basicaly a good relay kit is one which converts the switches to act as ground triggers only and this will provide more voltage to the motors. With more voltage the motors will react faster with more torque and will no donit with less amp draw-at least with my kits they do.

All new regulators as well. It all looks to be clean in the door. I would love to buy thise relays ;)

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Alright Bob-I’ll PM you some info!

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
It doesnt need to be complicated-it can be a sanitary and stock appearing upgrade. This image shows auto down added but the basic relay kit is seen here as well. This is as easy as it gets right here.

You must be registered for see images attach

Have a link for this on a website?

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Not yet-we’ve got a lot of projects in the works tho!

454-k10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rodney
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Not yet-we’ve got a lot of projects in the works tho!

So is your relay kit plug and play? What all do I need to do to install it? Is the auto down an option for a stock power window setup?

I lubed everything up and it's still slow. If your setup is plug and play I need one lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey