Post your toys, square or not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

facelessnumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Y'all try not to hate on it too hard, I know it's a Ford... Call it the Poor Man's Camaro if it makes you feel better, (you wouldn't be the first) but here's my pride and joy. I love it more than anything on this planet that isn't flesh and blood, and some that is:

You must be registered for see images

Got a 351w that I built myself:

You must be registered for see images attach

I went through great effort to make it look like stock, but it isn't. Getting this engine to fit into this car is the reason I learned how to weld. I probably had it in and out ten times before it fit with good header clearance. GT40 heads, Comp XE268H cam, Eddie intake, Holley DP, MSD, lots of go-fast bits hidden, painted or otherwise camouflaged to look like it belongs.

I've added a lot of cosmetic touches to it like the wheels, obviously, and the grille, stripe, hood scoop, Mach/Shelby gas cap... Those tail lights are '67 Caprice. I was going for a Shelby-esque look but the "correct" tail lights for that don't look right to me on this car, yet somehow these do. (Don't much care for the stock ones, which are shared with the Pinto.)

Inside I've added a Quicksilver shifter in a custom console, AC, power windows, (never available on this car, made my own regulators by combining stock ones with Taurus stuff) a good stereo, and lots of junkyard and eBay plunder to get the interior nice. (There is no LMC equivalent for this car - almost nothing is reproduced unless it also happens to be a Mustang part.)

Lots of suspension mods to get the height and handling just right.

Daily driver and occasional racer. Not what comes to mind when someone says "Ford Maverick" right?

85HeavyChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Lets see:
Got my baby, a '86 Monte Carlo SS (Stock)

My '96 Tacoma (as seen on TacomaWorld)

And my current build: a '88 4Runner (as seen on YotaTech for now)

I Love 'em All:happy107:

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Y'all try not to hate on it too hard, I know it's a Ford... Call it the Poor Man's Camaro if it makes you feel better, (you wouldn't be the first) but here's my pride and joy. I love it more than anything on this planet that isn't flesh and blood, and some that is:

I went through great effort to make it look like stock, but it isn't. Getting this engine to fit into this car is the reason I learned how to weld. I probably had it in and out ten times before it fit with good header clearance. GT40 heads, Comp XE268H cam, Eddie intake, Holley DP, MSD, lots of go-fast bits hidden, painted or otherwise camouflaged to look like it belongs.

I've added a lot of cosmetic touches to it like the wheels, obviously, and the grille, stripe, hood scoop, Mach/Shelby gas cap... Those tail lights are '67 Caprice. I was going for a Shelby-esque look but the "correct" tail lights for that don't look right to me on this car, yet somehow these do. (Don't much care for the stock ones, which are shared with the Pinto.)

Inside I've added a Quicksilver shifter in a custom console, AC, power windows, (never available on this car, made my own regulators by combining stock ones with Taurus stuff) a good stereo, and lots of junkyard and eBay plunder to get the interior nice. (There is no LMC equivalent for this car - almost nothing is reproduced unless it also happens to be a Mustang part.)

Daily driver and occasional racer. Not what comes to mind when someone says "Ford Maverick" right?

Nice! I like! Growing up, my brother's and sister all drove a 74' Maverick my parent's had...it was a 4 door with the I6 (90HP) though, not nearly as cool as yours!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
That's a bitchin' Maverick!

And a slick looking Monte too!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Lets see:
Got my baby, a '86 Monte Carlo SS (Stock)

My '96 Tacoma (as seen on TacomaWorld)

And my current build: a '88 4Runner (as seen on YotaTech for now)

I Love 'em All:happy107:

I'm not much of a Taco fan, but sure do like the SS !!!

82GMSHORTBED

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 4x4
Engine Size
82 gmc shortbed half ton 355 frame of restoration doin interior now and soon to be ls swap ~ not bad for a 16 year old eh?

Attachments

• 69197_547253601971987_2118258340_n.jpg
    69197_547253601971987_2118258340_n.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 134

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My square.

my Daily driver diesel bug.

2011 gmc terrain that I bought my grandmother

wifes 2012 hyundai sonata

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
85HeavyChevy, nice looking monte. I have an 84 non-SS, and my dad has a matching # 86SS.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

Oh. muh. gawd!!! :jawdrop: :drool::drool::drool::drool:

I am by no means a Ford lover, but that is fuggin awesome :leghump:

I would take that over a Mustang any day.

roadwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rodolphe
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado 10
Engine Size
here is my DD

a G650gs sertao

my car for winter
a 2.5 v6 tdi audi allroad quattro

my toy
a 4.2 CJ7

and my wife's car

when i am th with the bike, she takes the allroad

Austin

Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My others

2003 mustang Mach 1 with a supercharger.

My 1996 honda shadow

My 2007 xr650

And my 57

And a really old pic of the truck

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
OHhhhhh, so you got one of those first Mustangs that could actually run and get out of it's own way huh? IIRC, 2003, first year for the Dual Overhead Cam 32 Valve 4.6 Modular motor that WAS NOT in a Cobra wasn't it? Meaning, you didn't have to buy the Cobra to get the 32 Valve motor, wasn't it? Then you added the Supercharger??? I'm not a die hard Ferd Fan at all, so I might be wrong on that.

I just know one vehicle, if I had a **** load of money and had several cars, just to be different, and I'd say it has to be rare, and I like to be different and have something that everyone else doesn't have which everyone has a Mustang, and I like Sleepers. Cars that can move but noone expects that they move. I'd love to have had an 03 Merc Maurader. Same body style as the Crown Vic, but it's far from a Crown Vic. That is one of the few Ferds I'd own and be happy about it. It too has the 32 Valve DOHC 4.6 motor IIRC and factory dual exhaust that sounds very throaty. I seen 1, and wondered WTH, and did a bit of research and ever since have said, I'd have one. But to this day, I've only seen that one. They must be rare is all I can say.

roadwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rodolphe
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado 10
Engine Size
Austin, you have some nice toys, the 57 is an apache isn' it ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes