Post your experiences buying auto parts from summit racing and other places

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
I've used Summit and Rock Auto a lot in the past and have had good experiences with both and both seem to have great prices. If it's something I need immediately I've been using Advance Auto Parts recently as well as O'Reilly. I rarely use AutoZone anymore for anything.

Yep, same here. I also use Amazon for ACDelco, as they seem to have lower prices than RockAuto, and free shipping with Prime (if you have it). You just have to make sure the seller is actually Amazon.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I only use rock and summit. No covenant stores if i can wait. Summit bucks anyone???

Sent from the dust in front of you!

quaddriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy R2500
Engine Size
The big one
I am about 2 hours from summit so I have gone there, but I use jegs (I install trailer hitches and their DELIVERED price is lower than the wholesale price of every vendor near me), rockauto and sometimes amazon. UPS and FedEX know where the shop is very well and while I have an advance and auto zone side by side, I loathe the cheap chinese parts they sell

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I'm jelly of those of you close to a Summit store :( That'd be really nice then you don't have to worry so much about the online ordering and waiting for it to arrive.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I'm jelly of those of you close to a Summit store :( That'd be really nice then you don't have to worry so much about the online ordering and waiting for it to arrive.

You really don't have to have a Summit in the immediate vicinity to appreciate them. I'm up by Flint, Michigan, and their closest store is somewhere in Ohio. If I order before noon I'll have the parts within 24 hours. Since I'm second shift though, most of my ordering gets done around midnight, so that pushes it to 36 hrs or less.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
You really don't have to have a Summit in the immediate vicinity to appreciate them. I'm up by Flint, Michigan, and their closest store is somewhere in Ohio. If I order before noon I'll have the parts within 24 hours. Since I'm second shift though, most of my ordering gets done around midnight, so that pushes it to 36 hrs or less.

Ya Im impressed 3 1/2 days shipping cross border is pretty good. And the shipping cost is half of anyone else I've used to date

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Yeah, they're usually my first stop when I'm looking for parts. Their turnaround time from order to received is hard to beat.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Yeah, I can say I usually get my Summit stuff within a couple of days as well. Rock Auto is usually pretty fast as well which is why I like both when I don't have to have the parts right that minute for some reason :)

Stepside Billy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Just got a second order from Inline Tube. Good stuff and fast shipping. Waiting for an order from Jegs.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Summit has been great to me, even returns and exchanges they are great to work with. Jegs, not so much. They are usually always a cent or two higher than Summit, and shipping prices a little more. Those shitbags at Randy's Ring & Pinion if you have a return will **** you hard. They ship from the central part of the country but returns have to go to the west coast, which costed me a bundle. Add on their restocking fee and pretty much **** those guys. Summit can get you the same **** cheaper.

Another driveline parts place I deal with is PartsMike. A lot of the stuff is Jeep related but if you're running tons they have some great upgrade parts.
http://www.partsmike.com/
You can also get some really good deals from Complete Offroad if you're signed up for their emails.
http://completeoffroad.com/
Extreme Axle Sales has some slick conversion hubs, if you want to run your 6 lug wheels on a dana 60 or 14 bolt rear as well as a bunch of other stuff. Ordered complete SRW Dana 60 hub assemblies for the big truck from them.
http://www.extremeaxlesales.com/
Denny's Driveshafts has upgrade parts like 1350 or 1410 yokes, ordered many times from them.
www.dennysdriveshaft.com/
Polyperformace has a good selection of parts as well as heims if you're building links.
http://www.polyperformance.com/
And of course everyone knows Offroad Design. Ordered too much **** from them to list it all here.
http://offroaddesign.com/

As you can see I mostly have links to good sites for driveline parts lol

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I ordered a distributor from summit and they accidentally sent me a few hundred dollars worth of parts. Chrome alternator, aluminum pulleys and such and they let me keep it all. It was a good day.

Sent from an old rotary telephone.

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
I ordered a distributor from summit and they accidentally sent me a few hundred dollars worth of parts. Chrome alternator, aluminum pulleys and such and they let me keep it all. It was a good day.

WTF!! Thats AWESOME. :cheers:

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
I order from Summit all of the time. Quick shipping and they have parts for anything that I could think of or need. Only bummer I've had with them is when I ordered a pair of 4" EZ Rides, one came from NV and the other shipped out of Ohio. Took a bit longer, but wasn't too bad of a wait.

Now you gotta feel bad for the guy that ordered all that and there was only a distributor in his box. Cool mistake for you though.

Joe383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
So this is a first for me. I have been going through both jegs and summit for about 13-14 years now and have always had great service. This time I order headers, exhaust kit, mufflers and exhaust cut outs from jegs. I ordered the exhaust cut outs 3 times. I have only got 1 cut out and I need 2. They have not charged me but I ordered them 8-15-15. They were back ordered and were only suppose to be 2 weeks out. I have to contact them now cuz its like they forgot about me. I ordered the cut outs with my mufflers. I ordered one muffler and cut out and 1 week later the other muffler and cut out. The cut outs with the mufflers never shipped only the cut out I ordered buy it self. First time I have ever had a problem. Have not contacted them yet on this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising