Post a pic of your first car or restoration!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
It will be interesting when I get the car unburied this summer, as it's stored in the garage seen in my picture. Back then, the house was clean, trimmed and tidy. That was before my parents split. Now it's just my mom, my lazy brother and a couple of his deadbeat friends that live there. It's amazing how downhill the place has went.
:( I hope it's still all in one piece when you get it back out with that kinda negativity going on.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
:( I hope it's still all in one piece when you get it back out with that kinda negativity going on.

Last I saw it, there's just a bunch of random stuff piled all over it. I'm mostly worried about rodent damage, but it can't be any worse than the kind of rodent damage I get here at home.

73c20jim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
1973, 1973
Truck Model
C20 2WD Custom Deluxe. C10 2WD Base Model
Engine Size
350 CID 195/260 HP Goodwrench crate, 400 CID 2bbl
My first car was a piece of junk, and unworthy to be called a car. Needed transportation to go back and forth to college daily and this was totally unreliable.

First real car to replace that I got in July 1963. It was a brand new 1963 Chevrolet Super Sport Bucket Seat Convertible, 340HP 409CID, 4 speed, Honduras Maroon with White soft top. Stock tach. NO power options.

Sold it in December 1968 when I was commissioned a 2LT in the US Army.

By then it had:

Hurst shifter
4.11 posi rear
Prowler Eliminator Street Slicks
Stewart Warner gauges
4 - way flasher (big deal back then)
Tri-power setup from 1961 350HP 348 CID motor
Crager mags up front
Tri-Y headers
Half shade headlight covers (black-out type)
Lucas Flame thrower headlights (Lucas, the Prince of Darkness)
Pontiac vacuum gauge mounted on front console
Monroe Load leveler shocks in rear
HD front springs

And went thru
3rd rear end
3rd transmission
2nd cam
2nd rear housing brake to brake
2nd rear axle
2nd oil pan
5th clutch

and one girlfriend.

Damn I loved that car.

Who took pictures then???

PS Do have a picture of girlfriend.

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
Was digging through ancient photos and found a picture of my first car when I was 12, cost me $40 bucks worth of bucking hay for an old farmer.
You must be registered for see images attach

Always thought it was a 57 Statesman ambassador, but did some research and it was a 1955 Statesman Special, had a flat head 6 with an automatic. A friends dad helped me swap in a Ford big 6, don't remember how we got it to mate to the transmission. Always thought the coolest things about the ugly old beast was it just floated down the road, the gas filler was under a lid on the passenger tail light, the front seats reclined into a bed and the cool old tube that hung on the rear passenger window that was an air conditioner. The column shifter was funky too, you put it to neutral and with the key in the on position, pulled the shifter towards you to start it.

Doc_Ellis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500 shortbed
Engine Size
First real car to replace that I got in July 1963. It was a brand new 1963 Chevrolet Super Sport Bucket Seat Convertible, 340HP 409CID, 4 speed, Honduras Maroon with White soft top. Stock tach. NO power options.

Sounds like pretty close specs to my dad’s ‘61 (given what was available for the respective years). His first new car. Honduras maroon/white, tri-power 348, 4 speed, no center console, factory Sun tach, no power options either (he ordered all his cars that way for years, street racer style).
Not sure what all he had for mods, a few I know were mechanical secondaries instead of vacuum, jardine headers, and heavy duty springs up front to give it a little nose high attitude (guess that was the style in North Jersey at the time).
He had it less than two years and sold it, kicks himself to this day. I sure as hell wish he still had it too.

Last edited:

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
I dont see a bad decision....:naughty:

It was sanded with 80 grit, painted with rattle can stove paint, had a 8.8 hacked into it, made the trans crossmember out of a fence post lol... Poorly mounted ratchet shifter that either couldn't get park or couldn't get low. 850 Holley, no choke, stock heads/cam/manifolds lol. It was bad.

Did sweet burnouts though, floated the valves at about 5800 or so.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It was sanded with 80 grit, painted with rattle can stove paint, had a 8.8 hacked into it, made the trans crossmember out of a fence post lol... Poorly mounted ratchet shifter that either couldn't get park or couldn't get low. 850 Holley, no choke, stock heads/cam/manifolds lol. It was bad.

Did sweet burnouts though, floated the valves at about 5800 or so.

Sweet burnouts and a 3rd gen... Mission accomplished!

Sounds like a fun car to me.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
1981 4 door caprice classic. My grandpa bought it new and it served as a high school car for my aunts and uncles and then after they got older it turned into the farm car for running lunches out to us and what not. Was pretty much all stock and super reliable, other than the bouncing speedo lol, and it was mint! No rust or dents, even the interior was still great. It rode like a freakin land yacht!

Then I turned 15 and got to drive it for a few years of high school as “my first car” then North Dakota winters kicked my ass and needed a truck. Still miss it, last I saw it was a couple months after we got rid of it, some black guy had it and already had gold 15 inch wire wheels on it haha

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I cant find the pictures of it when I got it or any of the pics as it evolved but this was my first vehicle. Purchased Super Bowl Sunday 1996, its a 1980 K-10 Custom Deluxe. It will begin restoration again this winter, maybe paint next summer

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I cant find the pictures of it when I got it or any of the pics as it evolved but this was my first vehicle. It will begin restoration again this winter, maybe paint next summer
Nice lookin "SQOUND"!!! @Goldie Driver

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scandia