Points vs HEI vs WHAT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
hey, i don't mean to bring a thread back from the dead.

I did learn a lot from this thread, and I am leaning to a bad module.

But would/can the ignition control module go bad with truck running at idle? The reason why I ask is cause I had the 86 K10 down by the road unloading trash for the county to come pick up. Jumped back in the truck went to give it gas to park the truck and it died. Not getting any spark. Thanks fellas.

We don't mind old threads coming back. That means less duplicated threads and someone is actually SEARCHING for their needed topic as they should.

ICM's can go bad at anytime for any reason and are totally unexpected when they go since there is no tell tale sign they are getting weak or worn. They work or they don't, On or Off. And sometimes when they go bad you can even be getting spark. This is why most who know this suggest to ALWAYS carry a spare KNOWN GOOD ONE in your glove box.

1986ChrisK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks hotrod,
It turned out to be the ICM! The original owner put the 305 distributor in the 70's 350 that is in the truck now. Supposed to be a four bolt main blah blah engine. Time will tell if and when I tear into it.

Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy