Outdoor Storage, Cover and Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
A full tank has less room for condensation though.
I always done the other way, but it is mostly because I never used any stabilizer. My theory was to leave enough gas to dilute with fresh. Sounds like some flaw in that thought.

Last edited:

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
When the previous owner of a 64 Skylark I bought stored the car, he emptied the tank completely. Dry as a bone. 30+ years later when I bought it, it was in good shape.

I dunno, I can see the logic behind both schools of thought. I've left my previously owned 1999 Cherokee parked for about a year. Just parked, no prep of any kind. When I came back I charged the battery, started her up and went about my business (after a wash). The XJ does have a plastic tank so rust isnt a concern it was parked outside, on dirt, without a cover.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I always done the other way, but it is mostly because I never used any stabilizer. My theory was to leave enough gas to dilute with fresh. Sounds like some flaw in that thought.

It probably doesn't matter much in drier climates. But I've had sending units go wonky after sitting through winter and early spring, when there's little fuel in the tank. We tend to get some crazy weather swings early in the year that produce rediculous amounts of condensation. As if there was a downpour of rain in the garage.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I think bucket nailed it again. Where I am there can be wild temperature and humidity changes. If you are somewhere with drier warmer climate it probably doesn't matter that much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iiixtremeiii