opinions....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chadwick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chadwick
Truck Year
Truck Model
1/2 ton
Engine Size
I'm going to be upgrading my motor in the 76 soon. Also my guages need redone. Should j go ahead an upgrade to autometer guages? I had them in a mustang and they worked really well. But my thing is that I would want them to tuck behind the trim bezel. Any opinions?

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Is there anything wrong with yours? I assume there is because you are thinking of replacing them. Honestly if it were my truck I would first look into getting the stock gauges working. I have never really cared for how aftermarket gauges look in these trucks.

edit: Better more formulated answer. I stand by that fact I would look into getting the stock gauges fixed. It very well could be cheaper to go this route.

You can put aftermarkets behind your factory bezel. But from what I have seen and heard, it is a pain in the @$$. You need to have a lot of patience when doing it. Using the Autometer gauges, 5" Speedo and Tach, and 2 5/8" gauges for the others, to me just doesn't quite look right. The small ones are almost too big for the small bezel openings.

I think it was Mr. Clean on this site, he put in aftermarket gauges to a bezel, and that was the nicest best looking execution I personally have seen.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedwhisky