Old77: Wife's Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chubble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe K10
Engine Size
I'd like to chime in here and say how awesome it is to have a supportive of our square projects(or other toy projects). Mine is the same way. She is short so I can't ever convince her to let me get a big lift on mine but I am selling my 07 Fusion to a friend who is in desperate need of a reliable car and plan to use my square as a DD for a while and without me asking she offered to let me spend some of the money I will have after selling to buy something for my truck and she even had a few ideas of what she would like me to get. These are the keepers men. Good job! Keep them happy they'll keep you happy.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Amen :D

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
:love51: I love my wife for sure! She tells me to go work on my Monte because she does not want it to sit around unfinished. Let me say that another way... she tells me I WILL FINISH THE MONTE! No argument from me! She understands and puts up with, if not encourages, my automotive sickness. I can do anything I want, as long as the real-life stuff is taken care of.

Short back story, her dad has 2 '68 Camaros. They have both been apart for the better part of 20 years. :Whoa: This is why my wife says I will finish my car! She will not allow my car to end up like this. It bugs her to no end that her dad hasn't work on them in sooo long. And yes, I am actually trying to weasel my into acquiring one of them.

And... my wife would like '70 GS, Cutlass, or Chevelle for her own "play" car. Okay.... I am on that for sure! :rockit:

Even though I haven't met you and your family yet Jacob, I like you and think we would get along very nicely. I hope some day we get the opportunity to meet up.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
It seems that the dynamic between our two families must be extremely similar!! :lol: My wife, too, encourages me in my passion for cars/trucks because she knows I enjoy it so much. Just like I encourage her to do things she enjoys. As long as bills are paid and everything else is taken care of she's good with the goodies that arrive. When I was building my truck she was excited to see progress on it just like I was :) Not to say she didn't get annoyed at times when I'd drag dust or grease into the house from the garage but the day we got the motor running or the day we brought it home from paint she was just as excited and loves that my boys enjoy it so much too :)

What cool things we find out about other member's that we share things with on these boards that goes beyond the trucks. I really enjoy that a lot :)

chubble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe K10
Engine Size
It seems that the dynamic between our two families must be extremely similar!! :lol: My wife, too, encourages me in my passion for cars/trucks because she knows I enjoy it so much. Just like I encourage her to do things she enjoys. As long as bills are paid and everything else is taken care of she's good with the goodies that arrive. When I was building my truck she was excited to see progress on it just like I was :) Not to say she didn't get annoyed at times when I'd drag dust or grease into the house from the garage but the day we got the motor running or the day we brought it home from paint she was just as excited and loves that my boys enjoy it so much too :)

What cool things we find out about other member's that we share things with on these boards that goes beyond the trucks. I really enjoy that a lot :)

Its real good to have support like that. My wife loves helping me out with projects when she can. Whenever I am thinking about something to do for the truck I bounce my ideas around with her. We are going to restore a corvette when the money will allow.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Yeah, my wife wants either a '65 Stang or a '69 Camaro. So when money allows I'm going to start looking for a first gen camaro "for her" :D Obviously, I have no problems with this setup either :lol:

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Its real good to have support like that. My wife loves helping me out with projects when she can. Whenever I am thinking about something to do for the truck I bounce my ideas around with her. We are going to restore a corvette when the money will allow.

Keeps us sane! I always bounce my ideas off my wife. If she doesn't like something I reconsider it. Luckily that rarely happens and if I really want to do it and she is iffy on it, I can respectfully over rule her. Once my SS is "done", I will start looking for "her" car!

Biggest difference seems to be that you have three boys Jacob! I have two girls and a boy. But I have already "ruined" my girls into loving cars! Ha ha! :evillol:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
:lol: Yeah, the wife wants to try for a fourth, though, to get that girl
You must be registered for see images attach
If that produces another boy she says we'll stop trying :shrug: She really wants a little girl in a bad way so if we get that on the fourth go around I'm sure I'll get her into wrenching too :D Having a little girl would be fun.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
The billet bowtie on the front started corroding so I needed to do something about it

Before

If you look close here you can see the biggest corrosion spot below the chrome plating

Sanded down

Primed

Color before clear coat

Installed

3 coats of primer, 5 coats of color and 3 coats of clear

Came out pretty decent I think :)

Good job bud :hands:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Installed the handles this weekend and the mirrors a week or so ago so thought I'd mess around and take some pics. Just trying different things

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Got her back from detail today so I thought I'd snap a few pics.

--I have a Yukon liftgate applique. That's going on this weekend...

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
That's a sexy burb

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
Nice, does the Yukon applique remove the rear bowtie?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size