Old Tractors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Engine fire?

The yellow paint means it was built and sold as construction equipment, right? They often lacked farm use items like a PTO?
I dont believe so.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Even if they just set in your yard, they’re still fun to look at.

78, you’d be surprised what you can resurrect. I’ve seen some clapped 4cyl gas tractors come to life.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Even if they just set in your yard, they’re still fun to look at.

78, you’d be surprised what you can resurrect. I’ve seen some clapped 4cyl gas tractors come to life.
Your welcome to try.... lmao

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Hah, not saying you should...just that possibly you could. Like I said, cool to look at as is!
True but its basically up against my house and if it was gone i could landscape a nice patio and deck off my kitchen that id rather look at lol

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Its sunk 3/4 up over the riggers... lol its being reclaimed. Idk how the FOOK to remove it, ive tried selling it with no luck. I had a neighbor offer to bring in a boom truck from his work and lift it out but i think he was blowin smoke...

A few hours with a shovel and a tow strap on your square and you could probably get that thing in the barn and start tearing it apart.

Everybody is different, but I would have a hard time just letting it fall into the ground like that. OTOH, I have a ton of stalled and stumbling projects floating around that take their sweet time, and most of my time too. So you have my sympathy.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
I like them I like the old ford tractors personally this one was my grandfathers 8n, he passed away and my uncle didn’t want it so it wound up getting sold a few years after he passed away, I was only about 10 at the time it got sold but it was the first tractor I rode/drove. In the past two-three years I decided to try and find it. I posted a Craigslist ad and finally in January of this year got a response from the family we sold it to so I bought it back to keep in the family. What gave the tractor away was the front bumper that was handmade to hold the suitcase weights.

You must be registered for see images attach

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I like them I like the old ford tractors personally this one was my grandfathers 8n, he passed away and my uncle didn’t want it so it wound up getting sold a few years after he passed away, I was only about 10 at the time it got sold but it was the first tractor I rode/drove. In the past two-three years I decided to try and find it. I posted a Craigslist ad and finally in January of this year got a response from the family we sold it to so I bought it back to keep in the family. What gave the tractor away was the front bumper that was handmade to hold the suitcase weights.

Those 8n tractors are really neat. That one in particular looks awesome!

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Reinstalled:

Edit: fired it up and the 3pt lift arms work for the first time in over a year!

Last edited:
Reactions: WFO

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
Those 8n tractors are really neat. That one in particular looks awesome!

Thank you I’m keeping the patina look I keep it stored inside so no worries about it getting any worse plus I still use it so it doesn’t have to be shiny

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Yep.

Had a '42 Farmall "A" that I rescued from a field and restored. It would literally stop traffic when I was done (people would pull off the road to watch me mow). Probably the best purchase I ever made.

K

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Based on that experience, I also had a '74 Cub Loboy. Had a terrible time with the driveline: multiple broken shift forks, broken shifter, broken flywheel/clutch plate, broken drive pins.

It would break something at the worst possible time, the farthest distance from the garage, in the deepest snow, and I would have to somehow drag it around back to fix it. Those drive pins were in the worst possible location making the simple act of replacing a cap screw and putting a nut on it the worst possible affair.

Probably the worst purchase I ever made.

My wife MADE ME sell it and replace it with a new Cub Cadet garden tractor.

K

Last edited:

Donald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1500
Engine Size
350 / 290
Here is my 76 Massey Ferguson pull tractor and it's big brother

Last edited:

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I had a WD 45 back when we were living in the country it was a tricycle type tractor, I used it to keep a 1/4 mi driveway in order. I could turn it around at the end of the driveway without backing up. But it was a workout throttle on the steering column had a foot and hand cutch of course a brake petal for each wheel. I bought it from an old farmer a couple miles away, he used it to run a grain auger so it set still most of its life on his farm, so the ride home was quite a journey with the flat spots on the tires. This way back in the early 90’s some good memories here. All I have left of this tractor I found the other day

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg