Old Tractors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
N is definatly a flathead. If I remember right, the 9N came out in 1939, then the 2N in 1942. Both were basically the same. In 1948 they changed to the 8N which updated the trans to a 4 speed, changed the PTO, wheels, ignition, and some other minor items. I think tbe Jubilee came out around 1952 or 1953.

I have a couple of 2N's, one with a 2 speed hi/low auxillart trans. It's got a stuck motor, just bought it for parts to fix up the other one.

One thing I do know is the 2N was produced during WWII, during that time those tractors were built without an electrical system, instead they had a magneto, and hand crank was the only option. Most of the tractors produced like that were later converted to the standard 6 volt system of the time after the war.

If I didn't need 4WD and a bucket I'd have one of these tractors, unfortunately the N series tractors would not be a good fit for my property.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Picked this up last year with about 2000 hours. Its an 84 Massey Ferguson 240. Has the loader that I leave on all the time, but its pretty easy to remove. May consider switching to quick attach for a little more options up front. I dunno. I'd like to get a 4wd unit with a little more power in anticipation of cattle.

Also have a back blade, auger, and a tiller for it that installed our garden.

You must be registered for see images attach

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Picked this up last year with about 2000 hours. Its an 84 Massey Ferguson 240. Has the loader that I leave on all the time, but its pretty easy to remove. May consider switching to quick attach for a little more options up front. I dunno. I'd like to get a 4wd unit with a little more power in anticipation of cattle.

Also have a back blade, auger, and a tiller for it that installed our garden.

You must be registered for see images attach
The quick attach FEL is nice for stuff like bale spears and forks, but without a high volume hydraulic pump and front remotes you can’t run any skid steer implements.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
The quick attach FEL is nice for stuff like bale spears and forks, but without a high volume hydraulic pump and front remotes you can’t run any skid steer implements.

Thats the plan. I'd like to get a skid steer down the line but for now this tractor would be used with the FEL and a bale spear. Probably get forks too since I'm always getting myself into situations I shouldnt haha.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
If I remember right, the 9N came out in 1939, then the 2N in 1942. Both were basically the same. In 1948 they changed to the 8N which updated the trans to a 4 speed, changed the PTO, wheels, ignition, and some other minor items.

This is correct

K

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef