Old dual tank location, what do do with space?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Yet we spend lots of time and space talking about them.
Pretty cool.
:rolleyes:
I just paid $4.69 a gallon...dont see anyone ever considering putting $400 worth of gas in a truck that is gonna get 10 miles a gallon but it keeps getting brought up and you guys keep entertaining that NOT entertaining idea.

It cost $55 to fill a HONDA gas tank? And yet for some reason you muggs are talkin about ADDING fuel capacity to a single digit mpg truck
whatever

*yawn*

Last edited:

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Yet we spend lots of time and space talking about them.
Pretty cool.
:rolleyes:
I just paid $4.69 a gallon...dont see anyone ever considering putting $400 worth of gas in a truck that is gonna get 10 miles a gallon but it keeps getting brought up and you guys keep entertaining that NOT entertaining idea.

It cost $55 to fill a HONDA gas tank? And yet for some reason you muggs are talkin about ADDING fuel capacity?
whatever

*yawn*
Doesn't matter. If your truck gets 10 MPG it gets 10 mpg no matter the size of the tank, so if you have 80 gallons on board you might drop $400 to fill it. If you have 40 gallons, then it's two gas stops to spend $400, still the same amount of money.

As a guy that takes his truck on distance trips sometimes I can see how more compacity is attractive. Heck I did just that, went from one single saddle tank, to 2 specifically so I'd only have to make one fuel stop on feed runs. Especially when nearly everywhere surrounding this area has at least some what cheaper fuel, it be nice to bring back an extra 40 gallons of that.

ReefkoiC10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
LS3
80 gallons on board? What nobody wants to go fast here? Haha ;)

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
80 gallons on board? What nobody wants to go fast here? Haha ;)
I'm not concerned with going fast, but I think we all forget from time to time that a gallon of gas weighs just over 6lbs, so 80 gallons would weigh right around 500Lbs. Could be helpful in the snow. Otherwise it's just another kind of load.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
All great idea's. I may use it to place the bars for my deer lift in. One side for the entrance for that, and put an air tank on that side. The other side will prolly put a storage box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8