OD Green

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
OD = olive drab.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
so when you say od green do you mean military green. I am looking for the military desert sand color. where can I find this in gallons not rattle cans. highdesertranger

I found a couple websites today that specialized in military paint. Don't recall them but giver a google and you should find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have OD Green. It is flat paint, everything "stains" it. Greasy fingers, bird ****, spit. But taking a rag soaked with WD40 makes it a consistent sheen.

You must be registered for see images

That looks bad ass. Did you paint it? Also, I'm not going to paint all my trim black because I plan on painting it a dark metallic pewter color someday when I get a chance to spend some of my money on myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I bought it like this. A matte clear coat would do wonders to protect it.

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
are you talking about real OD green as in CARC paint or do you mean just olive drab green, if you want normal army green NAPA sells it

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
are you talking about real OD green as in CARC paint or do you mean just olive drab green, if you want normal army green NAPA sells it
Im not set on a paint type or color or shade. I just thought the flat green might hide some of my inexperience. I work with a lady who's husband builds hot rods for a living and is supposed to be top notch at laying paint, so Im going to give him a call and see what he would charge me to spray it if I brought it to him sanded and disassembled. If its reasonable I will go ahead with my metallic pewter color.

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
Im not set on a paint type or color or shade. I just thought the flat green might hide some of my inexperience. I work with a lady who's husband builds hot rods for a living and is supposed to be top notch at laying paint, so Im going to give him a call and see what he would charge me to spray it if I brought it to him sanded and disassembled. If its reasonable I will go ahead with my metallic pewter color.

I did my green spray job with like 8 cans of green paint, in like two hours and it came out pretty decent, its army green so nobody really takes a second look at it, I mean if you said you wanted to spray bright red in your driveway I would laugh at you, but I Know you can buy a cheap spray gun for under twenty bucks and buy the paint from napa and have a halfway decent paint job for under 100bucks

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

I picked up a couple of extra hoods and 4 fenders the other day on the cheap. I think Im going to sand a couple of them down and get a couple different kinds of flat green and see if I can do a good enough job on them to satisfy me.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I also wont be doing it in my driveway. We have a 60x80 and a 40x60 shops. Both are heated and cooled with exhaust fans and whatnot. I will be making use of one of them if I decide to go ahead and do this.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If you don't have the money to do it RIGHT... when will you have the money to do it OVER???

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If you don't have the money to do it RIGHT... when will you have the money to do it OVER???

About a year from now, pending **** doesn't hit the fan. Its just a tough choice to make. I would like for it to be nice and to go through it from the frame up and have a spiffy paint job on it, but I also want to be able to use it to hunt/fish/camp and not worry about scratching it.

friscobob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 10
Engine Size
Look at my albums, I rolled that paint on, Rustoleum 50/50 with mineral spirits, takes lots of time, but did the truck for around $250-300. It looks ever better after a couple of month when the paint shrinks some and lots of orange peel disappears. YMMV
Bob

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EazyT