No door locks on my 76 C10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cragmor

Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
What sub models might not have come with door locks? When I picked up this project truck, since they redid the interior some years ago, I figured that they just covered the door locks up. Then I looked at the outside of the door, and sure enough, there are no door locks at all.
I am just concerned that if I replace the doors that they will come with a hole for the key etc, and I have no hardware to put in.
This truck while it will run well, I am going to make the outside look more like a shop truck with a nice new wooden bed. Interior will look nice, but I plan to put an aftermarket stereo that looks like OEM. Nothing else too exciting, other than I might go with a keyless ignition system.

waynew

Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Vortec 327
Back in the day, my '76 K20 Custom Deluxe had door locks. I don't remember ever seeing one without door locks.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
What sub models might not have come with door locks? When I picked up this project truck, since they redid the interior some years ago, I figured that they just covered the door locks up. Then I looked at the outside of the door, and sure enough, there are no door locks at all.
I am just concerned that if I replace the doors that they will come with a hole for the key etc, and I have no hardware to put in.
This truck while it will run well, I am going to make the outside look more like a shop truck with a nice new wooden bed. Interior will look nice, but I plan to put an aftermarket stereo that looks like OEM. Nothing else too exciting, other than I might go with a keyless ignition system.
Keyless ignition huh, well you already have keyless doors so you are well on your way.;)

So you can't lock the doors at all? As in the holes have been filled and the lock mechanisms have been removed? Or the mechanism is there and there's no way to open the doors from the outside if locked? Or the holes are filled and a remote is used to activate the mechanism?

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
Take the door panels off and take a look-see where the door locks are supposed to be.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I am just concerned that if I replace the doors that they will come with a hole for the key etc, and I have no hardware to put in...

Are you planning on replacing the doors?
If you do, all you'll need is a set of locks which are roughly $25 and readily available. I literally have thrown away 3-4 sets in the last year.

Cragmor

Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The doors that are on this thing literally have no place for a key to go. I nitpicked and cannot see any indication that there was ever a place on these doors for locks. I am going to be redoing the interior so I will be pulling the panels off to see if there was a place for the lock pull.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Keyless ignition huh, well you already have keyless doors so you are well on your way.;)

So you can't lock the doors at all? As in the holes have been filled and the lock mechanisms have been removed? Or the mechanism is there and there's no way to open the doors from the outside if locked? Or the holes are filled and a remote is used to activate the mechanism?
So option #1?
No locks or any way to lock the doors.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Pics would help

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The doors that are on this thing literally have no place for a key to go. I nitpicked and cannot see any indication that there was ever a place on these doors for locks. I am going to be redoing the interior so I will be pulling the panels off to see if there was a place for the lock pull.

People used to shave stuff all the time, for a smooth custom look. The whole point was making it look like it was never there. If you actually could see where the locks used to be, that bodyman sucked at his job.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave