@NickTransmissions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brooksman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado & Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
350 & 305
Well. it would seem we have success. I dropped the pan (added a drain plug while it was off-already had it in the garage), had to do a little fabrication on the bracket at the carb (cable angle is slightly off from straight forward), set the TV cable to touching the plunger in the valve body (that one video I posted was really helpful on setting it up that way), new filter and gasket, reassembled. With the pressure gauge hooked up the pressures really didn't change that much other than it rising with acceleration as it is supposed to. Drove around the small block and felt it shift to 2nd as well as seeing the rpm's drop on the tach. Drove around the big block and shifted to 3rd. Didn't go any further than that though. Still need to do a little brake work. Mushy pedal. Shifting is maybe a little harsh. I could slide out on the sleeve a bit to adjust and maybe soften a little. Shifts to 2nd between 15 and 20 on the speedo but with 33's and a 4" lift I am sure that is off. felt about tight though if not a little harsh as I mentioned.

I have the original intake and carb so I set it up with the original bracket and got the measurements on the TV and accelerator cable distances. They are both pretty close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef