Newbie trying to park this thing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Hah, I back in no matter what I'm driving for these reasons. But in the Burb, backing in is the only option.

Ya know, it's ironic, but I usually pull in forward with Goldie.

Just thought about it. It does lead to some parking readjustment, though, in many cases. :anitoof:

Mad gimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
You took yours drivers test in a prius? I was lucky i took my drivers test in a 1979 4 wheel drive suburban with snow on the ground. I dont know how it is in other states but in Illinois if you spin a tire while testing its an automatic failure. Good thing this suburban was severely underpowered and they disqualify ya for using 4 high lol. Then the old hag giving me my test made me parallel park that thing. Now i have this crew can dually and im trying to get used to backing my car trailer with it when tbe truck is longer than my trailer. Not to brag but im very good at backing trailers but i admit this is taking some getting used to. In my former job as a diesel mechanic i had to move and back 53' trailers with road tractors and i didnt have as much problem as i am with this dually and trailer lol. I just have to get used to the dually having the turning radius of the R.M.S. Titanic lol

Doug13

Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
Truck Model
Surbanban
Engine Size
350c.i.
I do agree with everyone else its different driving one of these . My C20 suburban is way different then driving my 1999 Silverado . Just drive it you'll get the hang of it .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave