New user 79 3+3 and other past rides

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackdog3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins
Welcome aboard man, great looking 79. I love that burb!

Dieselshine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 trailering special
Engine Size
Thnx man well just got home here's some pics of what I do been doin it for 4 years now :p

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's some past trucks we did the 2 bottem Pete's were in the Alberta big rig weekend the red one was from a fleet in Calgary we did all there trucks they brought 4 truck and trailers down and won award for best fleet we also get recognition in the show for our work and got a free years worth of advertisement in a trucker magazine, but since we shut down shop and are working for someone else now

Truck and trailer from best fleet

Pete 379x polished front fenders twin Turbo cat

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Oh man I dare not ask lol and thanx everyone for the welcome if anyone's wondering what's with the username it comes from what I do for work lol I polish aluminum at the moment I'm working on a tanker ill post pics when I get home tonite won't let me upload pics as for the 454 I've always wanted one and this is defs the truck to put one in but for now the 350 will do Im thinking of boring to a 496 but will depend how the new job goes :p

If you're gonna go with a stoked 454, and funds permit, by the time you pay for machine work and your kit, it might be just as cheap , and no its not really cheap, but go with a 572 Crate from GM direct. The latest generation with all the good stuff.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thnx man well just got home here's some pics of what I do been doin it for 4 years now :p

Here's some past trucks we did the 2 bottem Pete's were in the Alberta big rig weekend the red one was from a fleet in Calgary we did all there trucks they brought 4 truck and trailers down and won award for best fleet we also get recognition in the show for our work and got a free years worth of advertisement in a trucker magazine, but since we shut down shop and are working for someone else now

Truck and trailer from best fleet

Pete 379x polished front fenders twin Turbo cat

Certainly some sharp rigs.

Dieselshine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 trailering special
Engine Size
If you're gonna go with a stoked 454, and funds permit, by the time you pay for machine work and your kit, it might be just as cheap , and no its not really cheap, but go with a 572 Crate from GM direct. The latest generation with all the good stuff.

That's an idea too it'll all depend on how the new job goes so far I'm only making $26 an hour putting lots of overtime in and if me an my old/former boss fire the other polisher that's working there ill be making $39 an hour having nothing but rent cell bill and insurance to pays defs gonna make more $$$ available for the truck lol I was pondering on an ls 8.1 build maybe my old mans got one in his suburban and I like it maybe ill go midnight shopping lmao the tankers goin awesome forgot to get pics today but I got the second stage of buffing done on the drivers side all I'm gonna say is I feel sorry for the poor bastard that's gonna get a mid day glare off it lol

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Nice pics DS, and cool job.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That's an idea too it'll all depend on how the new job goes so far I'm only making $26 an hour putting lots of overtime in and if me an my old/former boss fire the other polisher that's working there ill be making $39 an hour having nothing but rent cell bill and insurance to pays defs gonna make more $$$ available for the truck lol I was pondering on an ls 8.1 build maybe my old mans got one in his suburban and I like it maybe ill go midnight shopping lmao the tankers goin awesome forgot to get pics today but I got the second stage of buffing done on the drivers side all I'm gonna say is I feel sorry for the poor bastard that's gonna get a mid day glare off it lol

If you want an idea of what 572 Crate can do.

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=829

I'm not 100% positive its a crate either, but I was told it was and he added lots of giggly juice and a cam change. If you watch the Pinks Interview with him, they show a quick glimpse of the motor and yeah, Its decorated with solenoids like a Christmas tree on top, so I'd say he sqeezing it pretty damn hard.

Dieselshine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 trailering special
Engine Size
If you want an idea of what 572 Crate can do.

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=829

I'm not 100% positive its a crate either, but I was told it was and he added lots of giggly juice and a cam change. If you watch the Pinks Interview with him, they show a quick glimpse of the motor and yeah, Its decorated with solenoids like a Christmas tree on top, so I'd say he sqeezing it pretty damn hard.

Wow that trucks ******* awesome I like the old school farm truck look total sleeper lol 572 it is :p, the crate motor goes for about 12grand last time I looked at them I soooooo wish I had deeeeeeep pockets right lol

Dieselshine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 trailering special
Engine Size
I'd love it too look along the lines of this truck of course the rims will be polished a lil better lol

I forgot to mention I found the original build sheet to the truck tucked in the springs of the front seat defs keeping the truck 79 front end maybe back date it to a 74 I like the cleaner and simpler look

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Have I seen that on the 73-87 board before? Looks familiar and really slick!! :)

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'd love it too look along the lines of this truck of course the rims will be polished a lil better lol

I forgot to mention I found the original build sheet to the truck tucked in the springs of the front seat defs keeping the truck 79 front end maybe back date it to a 74 I like the cleaner and simpler look

Whoop !!! There it is !!!

That is the color combo I have talking about and asking if anyone had ever seen it. The slightly burnt orange over tan. That is a factory OEM color scheme.

Dieselshine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 trailering special
Engine Size
Whoop !!! There it is !!!

That is the color combo I have talking about and asking if anyone had ever seen it. The slightly burnt orange over tan. That is a factory OEM color scheme.

That color combo as odd ball as it is looks good together I wanna paint my truck sunset orange and metallic black in its factory paint scheme then strip the trim sand em out polish em and paint the stripe in em a darker gun metal grey good news today from work buddy's been canned I don't feel sry for the guy as bad as it sounds but he was a useless **** I be been redoing all his **** so itll be nice and the extra $$$!!! Should speed up doin **** to the truck here in a short time :D

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That color combo as odd ball as it is looks good together I wanna paint my truck sunset orange and metallic black in its factory paint scheme then strip the trim sand em out polish em and paint the stripe in em a darker gun metal grey good news today from work buddy's been canned I don't feel sry for the guy as bad as it sounds but he was a useless **** I be been redoing all his **** so itll be nice and the extra $$$!!! Should speed up doin **** to the truck here in a short time :D

That combo is very rare too. That pic is only the 2nd truck I know of now. I was asking around because I seen a truck those colors when I was much younger in the early 80's. Truck was awesome looking and the only one I've ever seen. Now at least I have a pic of the color combo, and everyone won't think I'm crazy, cuz it does exist. Just rare obviously.

Good Luck on the promotion.

Dieselshine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 trailering special
Engine Size
That combo is very rare too. That pic is only the 2nd truck I know of now. I was asking around because I seen a truck those colors when I was much younger in the early 80's. Truck was awesome looking and the only one I've ever seen. Now at least I have a pic of the color combo, and everyone won't think I'm crazy, cuz it does exist. Just rare obviously.

Good Luck on the promotion.

I don't think I've ever seen that color combo ill defs be keeping my eye open now and phone close to snap a pic if I do, it is clean looking and unique, and thnx man I have no wrys that the boss man will come through for us we been working for the guy for over 2.5 years before we were under R&R metal polishing working on and off for him now we work for him full time, I like it better this way so far no overhead equipment cost etc running a company's a big headache now its just go to work do our thing go home at the end of the day and get paid every two weeks rather then working all night and then chasing ppl for a cheque for sometimes a month life's looking up you could say lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I don't think I've ever seen that color combo ill defs be keeping my eye open now and phone close to snap a pic if I do, it is clean looking and unique, and thnx man I have no wrys that the boss man will come through for us we been working for the guy for over 2.5 years before we were under R&R metal polishing working on and off for him now we work for him full time, I like it better this way so far no overhead equipment cost etc running a company's a big headache now its just go to work do our thing go home at the end of the day and get paid every two weeks rather then working all night and then chasing ppl for a cheque for sometimes a month life's looking up you could say lol

If by chance you know that truck and can get access to it, can you maybe see about looking at the RPO code sheet in the glove box if it has it and see what the RPO code for that orange/tan combo is? That would be great to have. I do like going OEM, and since its so unique and I like, I very well just my go with it on my brown/tan truck that has a real nice tan interior.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattyb