New truck shift linkage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blacksmith01

Reaction score
First Name
Cal
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Just picked up a new project for my son. 84 k10 with a sm465. Problem is the bellcrank is worn and the adjustment rod seems to be too short. The PO swapped this in to replace a 700R4. Driving it home Saturday it was so bad that I almost couldn't shift. It disengauged the clutch about 1/2 in above the floor. Today I took the link out and adjusted it out all the way and it is somewhat better. Where can I get new parts for this and does anyone have part numbers. I'm about to pull whats left of my hair out.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I've seen stuff cobbled together that seems to work fine. Like the end that rides on the clutch fork, they just weld a bolt on the end and grind the head off a bit.

Blacksmith01

Reaction score
First Name
Cal
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well I ended up ordering most of the stuff from LMC. It should be here Saturday. Was tossing around the idea of returning it back to an auto but really don't want to put all that much work into this. We took it for a drive last night and it popped out of 3rd about 4 times while coasting/decel. Just needs a little love and at some point a new 3rd gear.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1