New here. Quick question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoBucs

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hello. My name's Nick. I've been looking for a k10 for some time now. Have a lead on one from a guy at work. It's a 1987 350tbi 4x4 long bed single cab all stock. 4 speed with a granny gear. Body is straight drivers side cab corner has a quarter sized rust hole but thats the extent of the rust. Engine runs good, leaks alittle oil from what looks like the oil pan gasket. Needs an exhaust. E brake doesnt work. Trans shifts fine. Outside a few minor other details its in pretty good shape. Guy wants 3000 for it. Not sure he's willing to deal. Is this too much to pay? Seems a tad high to me. Though these trucks are hard to find rust free.

Appriciate any help,
Nick

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
A Maryland truck probably has more bodywork in it than what you see, try sticking a magnet to the rocker panels, cab corners, fenders and bed sides along the wheel well opening and if it wont stick you know there's significant filler in there. If the motor has never been rebuilt and you find filler I say offer $2k and see if you can wheel & deal back & forth till you meet somewhere in the middle, like under $2500. Be sure to check the frame for cracks in the area of the front spring perch of the rear axle, and at the steering box. Also take a look at the front cab mount brackets, those are usually quick to go and get replaced. Looking from underneath might reveal patched floorboards where looking from inside the cab you might only see a nice carpet or floor mat.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Howdy!

The things you say need fixed are just normal issues for an older model truck. Like was mentioned, look it over real well and check for areas that are full of bondo, spots like that will rust out real quick. If it really is a solid truck, that's a good price in the rust belt, IMHO.

GoBucs

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks guys. Appriciate the insight. Look forward to hangin around here. Seems to be alot of good info on this site. I'm going to look at it tomorrow. Hopefully it works out.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks guys. Appriciate the insight. Look forward to hangin around here. Seems to be alot of good info on this site. I'm going to look at it tomorrow. Hopefully it works out.

:popcorn:

1ATony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Welcome to the site

Mr Clean