New guy here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
new guy here, from andalusia AL. i'm 17 years old currently, i have an 85 chevy c10, Dad baught it around '99 and it's been sitting since '04. it's mine now and i have the opportunity to do whatever i want with it. plans are an all over restoration, and paint back to original, ls2 through either a t-56 hurst or rossler 4L60E, and SLAMMED.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Welcome to GMSB Josh. Sounds like you have some big dreams for the truck. How about some pics in its current condition? What's it been sitting for? Anyway you can get it running for cheap? If possible, get it running and drive it a bit while you work on some of it and gather the funds together. As much as you want to do to this truck, I'm guessing its going to take a couple years at least to get there with it. But then again, seems like you younger guys are able to get down with the program and get the ball on restorations moving pretty fast. Not sure why that is. Maybe not having families to support and more time and funds dedicated to your projects. :shrug: Nonetheless, get a build thread started on your project with current pics so we can all watch it evolve and give you some tips and pointers along the way. :waytogo:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Welcome aboard.

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Welcome to GMSB Josh. Sounds like you have some big dreams for the truck. How about some pics in its current condition? What's it been sitting for? Anyway you can get it running for cheap? If possible, get it running and drive it a bit while you work on some of it and gather the funds together. As much as you want to do to this truck, I'm guessing its going to take a couple years at least to get there with it. But then again, seems like you younger guys are able to get down with the program and get the ball on restorations moving pretty fast. Not sure why that is. Maybe not having families to support and more time and funds dedicated to your projects. :shrug: Nonetheless, get a build thread started on your project with current pics so we can all watch it evolve and give you some tips and pointers along the way. :waytogo:

Thanks, Glad to be here. Well back in 2004 dad had a crappy 305 in it, he didn't put any antifreeze in it one winter and the block cracked, he went and got a 98 dodge ram truck, and i've slowly been fixing on it here and there. I knew one day this truck would be mine, so i have been planning on an all up restoration, but honestly it really depends on your definition of cheap. The cab coreners, rockers, and floor pans are beginning to rust out, wiring is a disaster, and i have never ever liked "riggin" stuff up. So nothing will be overlooked on this restoration. As of right now I've got a Puny 4.8 liter ls engine in it, which will later be upgraded to either an LS2, or an LQ9 just depending, and since my last post i have decided to keep it automatic. I will try my best to get some worthy pics tomorrow. But as for a time frame, i plan to have this truck driving by the time i apply for offshore roustabout, which will be soemtime in may

Last edited:

rainyraven

Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10 cheyenne
Engine Size
Wow..
sounds like you have your work cut out for you
welcome to the group ;)

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
yea, first thing on the list, is removing that ****** ass sun roof. then fixing rust

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Welcome to the forum! :cheers: I eliminated a sunroof from an 83 K1500 recently so I know what you're up against!

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Welcome from N.E. Texas. WE NEED PICS, we are a bunch of old pic ******. LOL If you any question, don't hesitate to ask I' sure someone here has dealt with it.

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Welcome to the forum! :cheers: I eliminated a sunroof from an 83 K1500 recently so I know what you're up against!

how hard was it? also, i found this pic today, i had uploaded it onto photobucket a while back and forgotten about it.
You must be registered for see images attach

man i miss that 79 firechickin

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
It wasn't too bad, tac-welded in some heavy gauge sheet metal, then the hard part was a shitload of fiberglass and bondo work. The irregular hump on the inside roof I didn't do anything with. Maybe an overhead console or something would have covered that up nicely.

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
It wasn't too bad, tac-welded in some heavy gauge sheet metal, then the hard part was a shitload of fiberglass and bondo work. The irregular hump on the inside roof I didn't do anything with. Maybe an overhead console or something would have covered that up nicely.

i usually like doing my own vehicles body work, but this time i'm gunna let a professional do it

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
painting it "oriental blue" with blue metallic flakes in the clear coat. over a satin black primer. also decided to get a parts list going before i forget all of this SH!T.
01 5.3 LM7
.224/.228 TSP cam
ls6 heads
beehive springs
stage 3 rossler 4L60E
Fast 92/90
vigilante 3,600 stall torque converter
LT's
LS1 PCM and harness
Warlboro 255LPH fuel pump
Stainless steel braided lines
Aluminum Driveshaft
POSI unit

Last edited:

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
landed a stock 4l60e, it should do fine for right now. getting it friday along with the torque converter and other misc stuff

buRRp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Welcome. Sounds like a good project. Can't wait to see the progress.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbluesquare