New floor and question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin Foust

Reaction score
First Name
kevin
Truck Year
1978 and 1980
Truck Model
K30's
Engine Size
400?
Thanks for the link, I noticed the horizontal adjustments, do you think it would help to have vertical adjustment also?

Is the pivot point about 4' from the floor?

I measured it for you and it is 49 inches. That is more than needed but you'd be more than safe with that. You may just have to stand on a chair if you want to work on the underside of the cab when upside down. I would not bother with making it up and down adjustable. I haven't seen the need. Your call though

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I measured it for you and it is 49 inches. That is more than needed but you'd be more than safe with that. You may just have to stand on a chair if you want to work on the underside of the cab when upside down. I would not bother with making it up and down adjustable. I haven't seen the need. Your call though
Thanks, it looked like it was about that. Guess I need to start digging through my iron pile and see what I can come up with.

Kevin Foust

Reaction score
First Name
kevin
Truck Year
1978 and 1980
Truck Model
K30's
Engine Size
400?
Finally got started on the cab today. First area to do is the cowl to firewall. rusted through. Doing a smaller section at a time to keep everything in place as I go.

You must be registered for see images attach

Got the weld settings better here.

This is going to take a while. LOL

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Going to replace most everything underneath with new metal. This is going to be a work truck so the floors will get wet from shoes and such. What is the best thing to protect or seal that has worked well for you on the INSIDE? Again, Not a show truck or numbers matching, just a working truck. Thanks for any input.

I had an 77 toyota pickup once that was in beat to heck condition when I got it and the carpet was rotted and smelly, so I tore that stuff out. I used brush on bedliner and absolutely hated it. One problem was it made the cab noisier. Another issue was cleaning, you could never get it really clean, when it's in your bed you can sweep it and hose it off, but I doubt you'll want to hose out your interior, I know I didn't. Once I had to work up under the dash of that truck and I ended up tearing up my elbow a bit on the bedliner floor.

If I really wanted something other than carpet or a mat I might consider undercoating, but honestly I'd paint it with whatever rust resistant flavor of paint you like and then mat it. You could skip the insulation under the mat if your concerned about holding moisture in, but honestly even getting in and out all the time, wet, as long as the cab seals up and the mat is in good shape, the insulation and floor boards will stay dry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes