New Daily Driver (Caprice)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
I hope these people don't reproduce. Lol

What's a donk? First I've heard of it.
Originally early 1970's GM cars. I remember reading something about the impala emblem looking like a donkey but don't quote me on that. Now it's basically any car with super oversized wheels, flashier the better.

Here's a little something something so you don't need the eye bleach. ;)
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
I like the paint scheme on the m&m's car, just not the lifted part about it.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Originally early 1970's GM cars. I remember reading something about the impala emblem looking like a donkey but don't quote me on that. Now it's basically any car with super oversized wheels, flashier the better.

Here's a little something something so you don't need the eye bleach. ;)

Ooh, those hubcaps are doing something for me.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I hope these people don't reproduce. Lol

See above. Those are Donks. Usually on big ass wheels and sometimes lifted and sometimes painted with a theme.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Not sure how it is even possible you don't know what a donk is? Really. You live near a major metropolitan area the ******* south. They are most definitely there.

Last edited:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Not sure how it is even possible you don't know what a donk is? Really. You live near a major metropolitan area the ******* south. They are most definitely there.

Idk guess I don't hang out with the gay crowd.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I just did an A/C service on this one today, a job that can be a pain but the payoff makes it worthwhile.

Performance deteriorated somewhat over a while, and then after I checked pressures two weekends ago, the service adapter failed and puked the charge. I did a half-ass service about four years ago using that A/C repair in a can crap (I’ve come a long way since then), but this was my first legit one on this car. It had busted o-rings, still had one black R12 o-ring on the condenser, ancient accumulator that had been reused a few times, nasty and trash-filled o-tube/nasty lines/nasty evaporator. Compressor looked great inside, running very quiet for an R4 so I hope it gives me a few more years, and the condenser wasn’t bad compared to the other stuff.

New accumulator and new Ford blue orifice tube went in. I initially tried what I thought was a better low side service adapter, but it destroyed itself and the accumulator as far as the Schrader valves were concerned so I had to get new ones of both. I don’t know what happened, but I don’t like those cheap adapters. Oh well. It took about 47 ounces of refrigerant, 8 ounces of PAG 150, and .25 ounces of leak dye. The compressor is old, says Delphi-Harrison on it, but it has the later stepped manifold so I know it’s not the OEM unit. It might be one of those mid-90s real deal GM compressors that @CorvairGeek talks about. I’d rather gamble on an old one that’s quiet and works really well still than a new Four Seasons one or have to convert to a Sanden 508 right this minute.

Discharge temp tonight was about 24* at the vents, although my gun was saying 14* deep down in there, but we’ll see how she does in the heat of the day. I’ll attach the used flush chemical and the old GM white tube. When it came out, there was no white to be seen. The debris is like silt/sand and deteriorated rubber of some kind. Likely old o-ring or old hose. The hoses were replaced at some point because they say “Goodyear R134a.” Flush liquid starts out pretty much clear, but coming back brown is typical for what I’ve seen. There’s oil and debris floating at the bottom.

This car has been a daily its whole life, and it’s A/C season here eight months out of the year, give or take. Maybe continuous use is one of the keys to having success with an R4?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laqota