new daily driver 2008 canyon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

belowaveragecustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 short bed 2wd
Engine Size
well i thought i would get on here and post up some pics of what i have been working on. My daily was a 2008 chevy silverado 4 door 4wd. Only thing i did with it wa drive back and forth to work everyday. i was tired of the horible gas mileage and high truck payment so i decided to trade it in on a cheaper and more fuel efficent truck.
So here it is when i picked it up. Bone stock with 20,000 miles, good straight body and nice paint. It is a ex-cab 2wd with the I-5 motor with auto trans. Ran a few tanks of fuel through it and it is getting around 24 mpg (which is a bid upgrade from the 15mpg i was getting in my fullsize)

You must be registered for see images attach

and since i cant leave anything alone i dcided to do a few things to it to make it a little more my style. Started off by ordering a new billet grille.

I also removed all of the emblems from the sides and the tailgate, i got the windows tinted, i lowered the rear 2" to level it out and installed a rollpan.

On the inside i decided to swap out the stock headunit with a double din style touch screen dvd player (which has not came in yet should be in this week) and built a custom sub inclosure to fit between the back to seat in the stop that the jack and tire chocks was. made it out of 3/4" mdf and sealed the seams with cocking and sprayed the whole box with a rubberized sealent before covering it with black carpet to match the interior. I also made a amp rack that fits under one of the seats.

Well thats it for now ill post some pics when i get the head unit in. Only other thing im planing on doing to it for now is find a bed cover for it and have it and the rollpan painted to match the truck. Wont be nothing too special just something to drive around and save some cash. Since i have my K10 i can drive it when the weather is bad. just thought i would share.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Spiffy! It's hard to believe those things get that good of mpg. My '04 S10 only got 16.

belowaveragecustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 short bed 2wd
Engine Size
Spiffy! It's hard to believe those things get that good of mpg. My '04 S10 only got 16.

yeah i was really happy when i checked it. The original window sticker was in the glovebox and it said 16-22. i was pretty excited with the actual mileage

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
NIce, thanks for shareing. :)

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

City? My '91 4.3 got 18 in the city and 26 or better on the highway.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
City? My '91 4.3 got 18 in the city and 26 or better on the highway.

Highway. Biggest piece of crap I've ever owned. Had a rod bearing go bad at 64,000 miles. 4 years later and I'm just finally out of the financial hole that truck put me in.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Those L5 motors are kick ass! I drove my sister in laws trail blazer a few times and was very impressed with the ***** it had.

I hear ya on the full size truck thing, that 07 Seirra I drove around for a while was total ****! Its like they designed a truck specifically for a 90 year old man with a bad back. The ride was so far from feeling like its a truck it actually kinda pissed me off, it felt like I was driving a giant heavy ass car. Best mpg I could get out of it was 14, mostly it was way less since I drove in city most of the time. I was not sad to see it go at all.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Those L5 motors are kick ass! I drove my sister in laws trail blazer a few times and was very impressed with the ***** it had.

I hear ya on the full size truck thing, that 07 Seirra I drove around for a while was total ****! Its like they designed a truck specifically for a 90 year old man with a bad back. The ride was so far from feeling like its a truck it actually kinda pissed me off, it felt like I was driving a giant heavy ass car. Best mpg I could get out of it was 14, mostly it was way less since I drove in city most of the time. I was not sad to see it go at all.

The Trail Blazers have the L6 but it's really the same thing, just one more cylinder.

I hate the soft ride too. I remember back when Motor Trend first did the SUV of the year thing, the S10 Blazer and the Explorer were neck and neck but the Explorer won because it had less of a "truck-like ride". Beginning of the end right there. Now it's all about smooth ride, luxurious interior and latest style.

belowaveragecustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 short bed 2wd
Engine Size
The Trail Blazers have the L6 but it's really the same thing, just one more cylinder.

I hate the soft ride too. I remember back when Motor Trend first did the SUV of the year thing, the S10 Blazer and the Explorer were neck and neck but the Explorer won because it had less of a "truck-like ride". Beginning of the end right there. Now it's all about smooth ride, luxurious interior and latest style.

I guess mine was missing the smooth ride package lol. It road good when I bought it but after I put the lift and the heavy wheels and tires ( 18" wheels with 33" bf goodrich at/ko tires) the ride was plenty like a "truck" only thing I hated about that truck was the fuel management crap it had. Truck was constantly changing between 4 cylinders and 8 and made the gas mileage go to crap. The truck I had before it was right before they started with that crap and it got 17-18 mpg with the same lift and wheels and tires. If it wasn't for that I would have really liked the truck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS