need some help to finding the correct gaskets for my np205 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edhard_Stark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hey guys, I got some questions. I'm swapping over to an NP 205 this weekend, and I tried looking up the gaskets for the rear driveshaft to transfer case, the big flat gasket between the NP205 and "center support" (it mates and supports the tcase and trans on the crossmember), the 2 lip seals in that center support, and the lip seal between the tranny and the center support. Does anyone have the correct names, or even better, the part numbers for these gaskets? The trans is a th350 if it matters. Thanks in advance.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
All I do is get some assorted gasket sheets from the parts store and then remove the adapter and place the appropriate sized gasket material (usually the black stuff) on to the adapter then take a light hammer and gently tap all around the edge of the adpter where the gasket would normally end. This will actually cut the gasket material along the edge of the adapter making a perfect fit gasket. and it only takes like 2 minutes a side. and its probably even cheaper too!

A ball peen hammer works great for getting the bolt holes cut out.

Then just use RTV gasket maker on each side of the gasket and it will not leak!

Edhard_Stark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I was going to do that for the flat gasket if need be, but I need to know what seals I need for the other ones.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I was going to do that for the flat gasket if need be, but I need to know what seals I need for the other ones.

Any gear shop should be able to get you a seal kit or a bearing kit or both bearings and seals in a rebuild kit. They are about $150 for the full kit.

Edhard_Stark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yes I'm going from np203 to np205.

I don't feel like spending $150 on a rebuild kit for 3 seals. The tcase is in good operating order. I just want to replace 3 seals while I'm there.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Yes I'm going from np203 to np205.

I don't feel like spending $150 on a rebuild kit for 3 seals. The tcase is in good operating order. I just want to replace 3 seals while I'm there.

You don't have to. You just need the seal kit which is $25-$30

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eatfood