Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedneckDave

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
350Sbc
Heres a subpar pretty non-descriptive pic of mine after the swap.

You must be registered for see images attach

RedneckDave

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
350Sbc
Right, I looked into this for my 78 k10. For the swap need the 205 T-case, both driveshafts, shift lever, coupler/adaptor and I believe the cross member (can't remember for sure). I decided I didn't need a 205 that badly.
If I run across a 1980 donor for the right price then I might swap.

i was able to my existing 203 crossmember with no issues.

devin bianco

Reaction score
First Name
devin
Truck Year
Truck Model
scottsdale k10
Engine Size
cummins QSK95
You will want a 205 with the 'figure 8' mounting pattern. You will also want it to have the 27 spline input. You can use a 205 with a 10 spline input, but then you have to swap the input to a 27 spline or use a special coupler sleeve in the adapter. You cannot use a 205 with a 32 spline input.

The shifter isn't a big deal, you can buy used ones or upgrade to twin sticks from places like ORD or JB Fabrication. The adapters can be found new and used. So a lot depends on the specific 205 that you have found.
the input shaft would be what connects to the trans correct, i assume its the male shaft?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
the input shaft would be what connects to the trans correct, i assume its the male shaft?

Correct. In the case of the 10 and 27 spline np205, the input is male and requires a sleeve to mate it with the male output on the trans.

devin bianco

Reaction score
First Name
devin
Truck Year
Truck Model
scottsdale k10
Engine Size
cummins QSK95
super super random question, im starting a build thread and wanted to make a little picture gallery sorta thing. i made it off of google slides and just wanted to know if it is accessible to you guys.
link here. and if that doesn't work maybe try pasting this into your search bar.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1eFvZTGPnG_GYymqa6jnF1ENDh-27kGihKfvrWVLzxCc/edit?usp=sharing

it just says test, if somebody could just simply let me know if it works that would be awesome. i know it works or me but just wanted to make sure before i out time into a thread.

Termite_Delight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
1976 1975
Truck Model
K2500 K2500
Engine Size
350 L33
super super random question, im starting a build thread and wanted to make a little picture gallery sorta thing. i made it off of google slides and just wanted to know if it is accessible to you guys.
link here. and if that doesn't work maybe try pasting this into your search bar.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1eFvZTGPnG_GYymqa6jnF1ENDh-27kGihKfvrWVLzxCc/edit?usp=sharing

it just says test, if somebody could just simply let me know if it works that would be awesome. i know it works or me but just wanted to make sure before i out time into a thread.

Yup, Looks like it will work!

bft305

Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I know this thread is kind of old but just did my swap from a np203 to np205. Was able to use the same cross member. Driveshaft lengths were about 6” difference. Front had to be shortened and rear lengthened. Mine were approximately 26.5” for the front and 66” for the rear. I found a np205 with 27 spline and adaptor and fixed yoke, so didn’t have to mess with that. I am under a time crunch so didn’t want to source the driveshafts, so a shop shortened the front and made a complete new rear driveshaft. I believe the front driveshaft out of a manual 4x4 would work. If anyone has any questions let me know.

ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
I'm thinking about doing this swap as well. Thanks for all the info y'all

Latest posts

Forum statistics