Need Help With 82 C10 A/C Vacuum Lines.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Yetman

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
thanks but the ash tray was missing also. this is one of those projects you wish you never started...and its not for me I'm doing it for a friend....

Bill Yetman

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thank you but the truck was missing that part as well...

RayDar

Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic K15
Engine Size
6.6 400 cu
Hi Bill, did you ever get the diagram you were looking for? I have a 77 k15 with 9 vacuum ports also. I get close but not close enough. It would help if I just knew what # the source (from the firewall) plugged into.

Mojave_Muse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
crystal
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 Suburban
Engine Size
thanks for the knowledge i might be able to scrub mine out.
seem as rare as hens teeth on the net.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
After a fair amount of work, my A/C controls now work mostly correct. One remaining problem is a bad connection inside that white plastic housing that has all the vacuum connections, but all the replacement controls I've found do not include the vacuum housing. They just sell you the dash control unit it bolts onto.

I have a hard copy of the GM repair manual for my truck, and its pretty complete in the description of the A/C controls. Have you checked the manual downloads from this site? For example, the attachment below is the vacuum line diagram for a 1977.

All the lines are color coded with stripes, and you can still buy the GM hard line to splice lines that are broken. You can use short sections of regular vacuum hose to splice the hard line.

Bruce

Attachments

• 1977 vacuum line diagram.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
After a fair amount of work, my A/C controls now work mostly correct. One remaining problem is a bad connection inside that white plastic housing that has all the vacuum connections, but all the replacement controls I've found do not include the vacuum housing. They just sell you the dash control unit it bolts onto.

Bruce

Here's a prior thread about the switch.
https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/a-c-vacuum-switch.10457/

On my '79 I found the vacuum control on ebay. It was about $80 for an NOS part 6-7 years ago. Here's the part numbers GM 470333 or ACDelco 15-71518. The Camaro uses the same part; I believe that is what I used. Per GM parts books this was used from 76-82 in C/K vehicles.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4016638529...7wIVSCitBh0E7wxrEAQYASABEgLcsvD_BwE#vi-ilComp

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickybobby69