My Mean 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
At +10cc those are dish, unless I read it wrong.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
maybe he meant -10? domes?

anyways, same heads we got 76 cc 2.02's. just stock rebuilds on ours though.

yea with higher CR and big cam they'd help it out.

lusktommy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L (350ci)
They are -10.00 buddy not +10.00

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
well its gotta lightweight forged SCAT crank SCAT Rods, Full Floating -10.00cc Dome pistons. which makes 10.05 to 1 compression with the head gaskets im using, it has a Energizer Cam and Lifter set from Crane grind number 302 H06, if you dont know the grind number it has a valve lift of .50" lift on intake and exhaust at .050 and the duration is 246 a .050, lobe separation is 106. so that 2.02/1.60 means something oh its got header and magnaflow glasspack no cats straight threw exhaust which really isnt that big of deal but yeah i wouldnt judge a book by its cover

Ahhh I see, my bad.

lusktommy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L (350ci)
Ah it's aight. I went back to look and make sure I didn't put a + instead - haha it's all good though I could talk about this stuff all day long and never quit talking and I like reading threads and learn things as well

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
hat thing has to have one nasty idle with tight LSA and then big duration and lift.

lusktommy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L (350ci)
oh it does she lopes between 850-700rpm at an idle i run a 2800 stall made the mistake of not getting a stall like a DA and it would die in gear lol

she sounds good with headers and those magnaflow glasspacks i have a video of the other cam i had in it not quite as aggressive see i just put that 302 cam in and 2 days later i tore the trans out of it, toooo much torque on a 700R so i havent had the chance to take any sound recordings of the new cam lol

Last edited:

lusktommy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L (350ci)
it will lope more but i have the idle set a tad higher and leaned the fuel mixture i was having vacuum problem with my vent controls in my dash i run A/C on it when im crusing but you have to turn it off before you stop of it will die need a kick up solenoid i know but what the hell i like riding with the windows down and listen to that baby talk crap when you hammer on her haha

Last edited:

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Having a really hard time with those posts...makes me think of listening to basket ball players when they interview after a game.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Must be a real low lift cam for a 302 duration. Since running such a low lift, I'd have for sure ran Vortec heads. For the extra cost of the dome pistons, you coulda had Vortec heads and even ported 997s I doubt they'll out flow Vortecs right out of the box. Even camel hump heads are weak performers to Vortecs. Flat top pistons with 4 vavle reliefs and Vortecs you'd have about the same compression ratio.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
well i have them ported to 190cc intake and 90cc exhaust with 2.02/1.60 valves, this is what my machine shop recommended me to do. so from my understanding they are much better than vortec heads now, and i took the cheap intake and had the runners in large to get close to what my heads are but i didn't wanna waist too much money in this 350 because i knew i was gonna be turning around and building a 383 stroker and going way bigger so im really dumping money in it now. but this 350 is no slouch..lol it shelled a brand new 700R transmission in 2 days and that was my dumb fault i was pissed and i was dogging it hard one day and the it came unhitched lol but those heads are a matching set i don't know why the markings are showing the same but the numbers are the same. they were intended for a 400 the guy lost interest in it and i bought the whole lot for $200 bucks all brand new block, heads, crank, and set of rods and pistons so i know what i bought lol its prolly not the best but its still very mean
Must be nice to be young dumb and full of ***. What was the point in wasting the money in the first place if your building a 383?

it will lope more but i have the idle set a tad higher and leaned the fuel mixture i was having vacuum problem with my vent controls in my dash i run A/C on it when im crusing but you have to turn it off before you stop of it will die need a kick up solenoid i know but what the hell i like riding with the windows down and listen to that baby talk crap when you hammer on her haha
Yea I dont blame you I wouldnt want to fix it "right" either :shitsweak: just put the bump solenoid on it.

oh it does she lopes between 850-700rpm at an idle i run a 2800 stall made the mistake of not getting a stall like a DA and it would die in gear lol

she sounds good with headers and those magnaflow glasspacks i have a video of the other cam i had in it not quite as aggressive see i just put that 302 cam in and 2 days later i tore the trans out of it, toooo much torque on a 700R so i havent had the chance to take any sound recordings of the new cam lol

Ide be willing to bet your not running 2800 stall. It may have been advertised as 2800 BUT more then likely its 1500-1800,

Oh and 1 last thought. Honestly Im not impressed in your 700R4 destruction. Its pretty simple to tear them up especially when your running 3.08 gears :shitsweak: Do yourself a favor and put some real gears in it 4.56's. Afterall you have plenty of money to waste on gas :grd:

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
:popcorn:

I think I would be finding a different transmission shop...

lusktommy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L (350ci)
Must be a real low lift cam for a 302 duration. Since running such a low lift, I'd have for sure ran Vortec heads. For the extra cost of the dome pistons, you coulda had Vortec heads and even ported 997s I doubt they'll out flow Vortecs right out of the box. Even camel hump heads are weak performers to Vortecs. Flat top pistons with 4 vavle reliefs and Vortecs you'd have about the same compression ratio.

the advertised duration is 302 duration at .050 is 246 and the valve lift at .050 is .50" lift not that low for a flat tappet cam i know there is bigger but wouldnt waist the money on any bigger id go roller if i went any bigger

lusktommy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L (350ci)
Must be nice to be young dumb and full of ***. What was the point in wasting the money in the first place if your building a 383?

Yea I dont blame you I wouldnt want to fix it "right" either :shitsweak: just put the bump solenoid on it.

Ide be willing to bet your not running 2800 stall. It may have been advertised as 2800 BUT more then likely its 1500-1800,

Oh and 1 last thought. Honestly Im not impressed in your 700R4 destruction. Its pretty simple to tear them up especially when your running 3.08 gears :shitsweak: Do yourself a favor and put some real gears in it 4.56's. Afterall you have plenty of money to waste on gas :grd:

you have serveral good points and i agree with you and i admit to being young, dumb, and full of *** haha i had a brand new 4 bolt main short block that was given to me, and i already had one that i was gonna start fixing up. so i just build a little mean 350 to put in and tinker with the 383 stroker that i already intended on building and the next thing im gonna build is a 427 to go in a SWB and yeah i know they are very expensive to build haha..but i sold my Camaro awhile back and got a good chunk of change out of it so ive been playing with my 84 C10 every since haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06