My’04 Mustang GT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Itali83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
1982, 1987, 1987
Truck Model
K10, 'burban C10, Jimmy
Engine Size
350, 6.2, 350
Figured I’d share a few pictures of my 2004 Mustang GT. I bought it brand new, August 27, 2004. Never seen winter. For the first 10 years, never even saw rain. Started having kids in ‘14 and didn’t have time to keep it polished like I had and I put it in storage. 4 years later I missed it so I took it out and started daily driving it during the summer. Grocery store, work, you name it. Put kid seats in the back and had a blast. Enjoyed it way more driving it than worrying about if it would rain or is there a good parking spot etc etc.

I haven’t had time/funds to drive it at all this year. I only got it going last weekend to bring it to my storage spot and that’s it. Hopefully next year isn’t as F’d as this year….. yeah right.

I’ve done pretty much all bolt ons to the motor, shorty headers, flow master exhaust, 125hp nitrous, wheels and tires. It has countless passes down the 1/4 mile with a best of 13.01et @ 113mph. Traction is an issue with street tires for sure.

Ben

Attachments

• 899448A9-BE37-48C3-801B-34F4502A91CC.jpeg
    899448A9-BE37-48C3-801B-34F4502A91CC.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 8519F7F4-B49E-4517-B2BA-E2BFF802DDC8.jpeg
    8519F7F4-B49E-4517-B2BA-E2BFF802DDC8.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 36
  • EBC04C91-82A2-4B01-B6F3-96C7F26177BE.jpeg
    EBC04C91-82A2-4B01-B6F3-96C7F26177BE.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 37

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Nice car! I've had several '94-04 cars, they're so much fun. I actually just sold a truck and have been toying with the idea of getting another. I've had a '94 GT, '95 GT, '97 Cobra, '03 Mach 1 and an '11 GT. The Mach was by far my favorite
You must be registered for see images attach

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Nice, I had a 03 loaded in true blue metallic I think. Had a full SLP LM1 exhaust an long tubes. It's was a fun car for sure. I miss it anytime I hear one go by with an exhaust.

My last mustang was a 96 with the 2.73 rear gears. It got great fuel mileage but would barely spin the tires in the rain :doh2:

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Here's my first one, sold my '87 IROC to get it, had it for about 2.5 years in college. Sold it to buy an '05 Z71. Canary Yellow '94 GT with black leather, E303 cam, 3.73 gears, longtubes, flowmasters, custom chip, MSD ignition, 1.5" drop and anthracite FR500s. I found it for sale again a few years back right after I'd gotten married. If I ever find it again, I'm buying it back.

Traded that Z71 in on a used '11 GT premium with 18k miles in Sterling Grey Metallic with black interior. 5.0, MT-82 6-speed, track pack with Brembos and 3.73 gears. Only kept this one 5mo, didn't care for the S197 platform.

Sold that, made some money on it and bought another canary yellow SN, this time a '95 that was bone stock. 5.0/5-speed/2.73 gear.

My dad backed into it and caved the LH quarter in, so went and found a '97 Cobra in crystal white with a black interior, built trans, 4.10 gears. Threw some AFS 18" 03 Cobra reps on it and a Stainless Steel System's exhaust. They're no longer around but that was the best sounding exhaust I've ever had on one of these.

Then went through a string of trucks, K5, C10, marriage and then divorce and bought the Mach after the divorce was settled. '03 Torch Red, 42k miles (this was 2019), full Ridetech coilovers/sway bars/etc, 4.10s, custom tune, FR500s, Magnaflow Magnapack exhaust, it was the best riding/handling of them all. Shoulda kept it. I sold it to buy my current square and the dude I sold it to totalled it :whymewhyme:

And now I just sold another truck to a buddy so I've got some cash in my pocket and been eyeing another SN or New Edge lol

Itali83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
1982, 1987, 1987
Truck Model
K10, 'burban C10, Jimmy
Engine Size
350, 6.2, 350
Nice cars guys! Mine only has 32,600 miles on it.

I didn’t even realize when I was looking that there was a Mach1 option. It was august ‘04, the new cars were on their way but hadn’t hit the dealerships yet. I honestly had no idea. I knew I wanted a muscle car, dodge only had the viper which does nothing for me. GM didn’t have the Camaro anymore (didn’t like the last generation anyway) so it was the mustang. I opened the hood and saw how the motor was all under the hood and easy to work on and I was sold. The dealerships around only had v-6 cars and a few cobra drop tops which I didn’t like drop tops plus they were out of my price range. I had to go to all the dealerships to finally find my car. I was looking at another one similarly spec’d in competition orange. The only option that car had was the shaker 1000 stereo that line didn’t have. The dealership wouldn’t budge a dollar on their price so I went to the other dealership and bought mine. Glad I went with black. Sucks to keep clean but looks damn good in my eyes. Most of the pictures of this car are on film but I’ll try and dig some out of the early days with it.

Ben

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Nice! My good fried and old roommate used to have a black '99 GT convertible (had later scoops and such on it due to some insurance work after a minor accident when it was relatively new) with a 6spd swap (had plans to boost it, never panned out). He traveled a lot for work and used to let me take it out now and again to keep it fresh (I think he just enjoyed being able to give me a cool car to take chicks out in on dates and such instead of my POS primer Datsun Z car lol). While I don't love Fords whatsoever and as far as serious sports cars go I don't think Mustangs are all they're built up to be, I will say that car was a TON of fun to rip around in and I thoroughly enjoyed the times I spent driving it. If I ever found one for sale that was too good of a price to pass up I'd gladly rock one.

I also dated a couple girls that had them in my younger years, a blue '98 and a bright red '04, both V6 automatic cars. Still enough fun and could easily drift them on damp pavement or on sandy winter roads, not too impressive but for the girls they didn't know any better it was enough to create waterfalls lol. Oh we had our fun

Last edited:

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
It's hard to beat this generation of Mustang for value. They're a ton of fun, weren't super expensive new and can still be had cheap. Plus there's an absurd amount of aftermarket support for them, you can literally build them into whatever you want. I've never owned a 2-valve car but the later PI versions in the new edges were good engines. The '96-98s non-PI left alot to be desired. I think I'd like to find another 5.0 car to play with over a mod-motor. It's a good blend of old school and new.

Itali83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
1982, 1987, 1987
Truck Model
K10, 'burban C10, Jimmy
Engine Size
350, 6.2, 350
Yeah, they’re just used outdated mustangs at this point. I’d like to think mine is worth something or will be someday because of its history with me, mileage/condition. But not what I got the car for or even care about at all. It is kind of frustrating owning a new edge and seeing how far they’ve come performance wise. This car was 275hp stock. My wife’s Kia minivan has 310lol. But it’s mine, I like it because of the memories and history with it. I wouldn’t go out and buy one now but is what it is. I still enjoy driving my squares more than this at times haha.

I took it to Nashville to visit friends with my wife for a week back in ‘09. Drove it to Detroit to do the power tour in ‘12, but had to turn around after getting to Detroit for 4 hours because my basement started to flood from torrential rain and I needed to take care of that. That was a long trip out and back in a day and half. Customs going into Canada have me a hard time because of the nitrous bottles in the trunk. The border agent had no idea what they were and didn’t understand my explanation. Thankfully they let me go without too much hassle.

Ben

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
You're definitely right there. I had my first one around '08/09 and I remember the current Mustangs not being any faster than my modified '94 or my buddy's mostly stock '04 Mach 1, now they're crazy fast for a budget pony car. I'd love to have a '15+ but can't justify the payment while I'm still building the square, so I'll end up with an old one again. ~300hp with a stick is still fun on the street, especially with a gear in the back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly