Mounting tires at home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Well I stretched that tire open used 3 spray paint cans spaced at 12/4 and 8 mounted it back up still had to ratchet strap it but it worked. Now just for fun I bolted a center mount bar from a coats 40 40 to a piece of unistrut I had laying around. Ignore the strap hook I just used it as washer. Anyway it works awesome for mounting,so if you have access to a coats center post bar bolt it to some square stock or copy the mount end. So to date I've done a duckbill on a stick,a lucid mod, tried to mod the harbor freight bar,got a coats tireman bar and used a coates 40 40 bar. Most bang for the buck is the 40 40 bar

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I've got an old GroundHawg tire sitting in the barn that has had paint cans wedged in there like that for 2-3 years now. It's probably good to mount up now :rofl:

Dmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@Dmack watch this I'm impressed it doesn't work as good as the coates,but it works fatten it up to 2" I think you'd have something. FWIW my coates bar is 1and 1/4 the hook is 2 " wide.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Thanks for the link. Looks like a decent design other then the flimsy bar. May have to do some experimenting. My current project is a 1970 C20 I have swapped an 84 C10's running gear into. I have some used BFG 31's in going to mount on the ralleys.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Thanks for the link. Looks like a decent design other then the flimsy bar. May have to do some experimenting. My current project is a 1970 C20 I have swapped an 84 C10's running gear into. I have some used BFG 31's in going to mount on the ralleys.[/QUOT
Thanks for the link. Looks like a decent design other then the flimsy bar. May have to do some experimenting. My current project is a 1970 C20 I have swapped an 84 C10's running gear into. I have some used BFG 31's in going to mount on the ralleys.

Oh your very welcome. Your project,super cool give me any pointers you can I have a similar project 1984 c10 frame under a 1970 c10. I'd like to learn from your mistakes.Any major hurdles. I'm hoping it's just weld on some frame mounts and everything else will fall in place. Here's a pic of a coats 40 40 bar that's my thump in the hook to give you an idea of hook size. I can get you any other dimensions you need.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey