Most Wanted List from Salvage Yards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John81287

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Most Wanted List from Salavage Yards

You must be registered for see images attach
Looking for one of these for my truck. Came in 08-11 Tahoe silverado and trailblazer I believe. If ya find one with the homelink on it please snag it and I will pay you for it and to ship it to me!

Sent from somewhere in Northern Illinois!

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
Nope, Trailblazers came with a different style OHC.

John81287

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size

Nope, Trailblazers came with a different style OHC.

Was it the burb then?

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
Yup, Tahoe/Yukon Suburban/YukonXL Silverado/Sierra

John81287

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size

Yup, Tahoe/Yukon Suburban/YukonXL Silverado/Sierra

What's stew said then!

lusktommy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L (350ci)
hey guys im also in the market to go to the local wrecking yard and pull parts for people. im trying to get in touch with retro and work out the details. im willing to go to dallas/ft. worth area, austin area, and waco area. that seem to have a good collection of squares. and if you make it worth my trip i will go farther. lol

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
I wish we could get things linked up where we could get good body parts shipped back here. can't find any good cabs, beds, fenders, doors ect anymore around these parts. always been a dream of mine to make it happen, maybe I need to start investing in a newer fuel effecent truck. I have car trailer, 25' gooseneck, and even a 48' 3 car transport trailer. I have a pile of drivetrain parts, but nothing worth putting them in. The few rust free clean trucks I have are stuck in the barn so they don't get ruined and my wreckers are getting pretty rough bodies except the one that's giving troubles

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

It can be done. I have been thinking about that. I could probably take things as far as KC seeing as how I'm up that way once a month or so. Taking some stuff up there next weekend actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DreamWeaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Samuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
k25
Engine Size

I'm in your boat, TowJoe...not givin up yet, though.

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
I'm working with a guy in texas that is a old friend trying to get some stuff bought. I need 3 or 4 nice cabs and front clips to rework some of my wreckers and few other trucks. I have doors and hoods just no good beds, cabs, or fenders. I have several decent core supports, about a dozen 454's, stack of axles with a few dana 60's ect... I'm just so far away from everyone and shipping is a pain in the butt. thinking of trying to get a couple clean trucks bought and having them stuffed with parts and trying to have them sent up off Uship. Anyone have any thoughts on how this may work?

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
san marcos if I remember right. he says hes not far from Austin. He has a few friends that run junkyards and tow companies. He's been sending pictures of his finds at the pic a part yards he visits and it's about enough to make me cry lol

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
It is, as most know I'm originally from Ohio and rust is a four letter word to me.

Once I get moved and settled in, if he needs help getting the parts to get for you, I could come to him. I go to Austin Wrench-A-Part a lot too.

Here is their price listings.

http://wrenchapart.com/price-list/

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
And here's some trucks on CL...

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/4675524948.html - if the body is as clean as he says (ha), the bed alone will pay for the truck once you get it up there.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/4624921677.html - nice longbed

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4675924271.html - ANother SWB

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4651249558.html - another clean round eye longbed

I have another friend up in Michigan that's wanting to take a trip here and get a bed for his truck, plus an extra set of doors and fenders. I told him to load up from the junkyard with a few beds and stuff them with body parts and I'd bet he'd make enough off the extras to pay for the trip and then some.

John81287

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size

I'm working with a guy in texas that is a old friend trying to get some stuff bought. I need 3 or 4 nice cabs and front clips to rework some of my wreckers and few other trucks. I have doors and hoods just no good beds, cabs, or fenders. I have several decent core supports, about a dozen 454's, stack of axles with a few dana 60's ect... I'm just so far away from everyone and shipping is a pain in the butt. thinking of trying to get a couple clean trucks bought and having them stuffed with parts and trying to have them sent up off Uship. Anyone have any thoughts on how this may work?

Have to let me know if you get this worked out I could use a long bed something awful!