Most Wanted List from Salvage Yards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
We talked about having a Wanted parts list last week when I was in Austin with Retro, Foamy, and Raylanr. We thought it would be a good idea, so I'm starting one.

Maybe one of the Big Wigs can make this a separate heading.

I would suggest smaller stuff that can be shipped via UPS, or USPS.

What do y'all think?

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
I should also note that my grandad has a lot of square parts in good condition that I'll help him sell since he won't need them.

raylanr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franc
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Most Wanted List from Salavage Yards

You should make a list!

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
I have a couple dozen squares on chopping block for parts and a huge barn full of parts. Let me know of hard to find stuff. Don't have much good body parts or interior since we are in rust belt, but have a lot of other stuff.

The stuff to pick up at salvage yards I get calls on daily is nice seats, dash pads, door panels, Lund visors, 78 black grilles, 84-88 grilles with turn lights in them, 73-80 hoods, any cowl hood, turbo 400's with 205 or 208, hydrolic clutch sets, Dana 60's, clean beds and doors.

raylanr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franc
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have a couple dozen squares on chopping block for parts and a huge barn full of parts. Let me know of hard to find stuff. Don't have much good body parts or interior since we are in rust belt, but have a lot of other stuff.

The stuff to pick up at salvage yards I get calls on daily is nice seats, dash pads, door panels, Lund visors, 78 black grilles, 84-88 grilles with turn lights in them, 73-80 hoods, any cowl hood, turbo 400's with 205 or 208, hydrolic clutch sets, Dana 60's, clean beds and doors.

You sure have collection of squares!

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a rust free or nearly rust free OEM passenger side fender and inner fender for the earlier style front clip.

raylanr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franc
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a rust free or nearly rust free OEM passenger side fender and inner fender for the earlier style front clip.

One of the yards we went, had a 73-74 with a nearly perfect front clip.
Clean even asked me if I wanted to take the fenders. the only thing I got from it was the 350 emblem from the grilled since it had a crack on the latch hole. and I also have 2 of them.

It even had the chrome trim!

Last edited:

John81287

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size

I need 81-87 fenders, inner fenders, doors and an 8ft box w / tailgate. Don't wanna order the aftermarket stuff if I can help it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
One of the yards we went, had a 73-74 with a nearly perfect front clip.
Clean even asked me if I wanted to take the fenders. the only thing I got from it was the 350 emblem from the grilled since it had a crack on the latch hole. and I also have 2 of them.

It even had the chrome trim!

Damn... I would've loved to have been able to pick that up. I have a crunched fender and a rusted out inner fender I need to replace.

raylanr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franc
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Damn... I would've loved to have been able to pick that up. I have a crunched fender and a rusted out inner fender I need to replace.

My 73 driver side fender is also pretty ugly looking, but I can't bring more big parts in until I put the 2 doors on that truck. If I see a set next time at the WAP and I have the funds I could pick it up for you. All you will have to do is drive up here to get it.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker

Down there in Houston you don't have any good salvage yards? Dang I figured there would be a bunch.

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Down there in Houston you don't have any good salvage yards? Dang I figured there would be a bunch.

We have a couple, but most of the trucks I see are the 80-87(89)... The older ones I do see from time to time are usually beat up pretty bad or rusted through.

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My 73 driver side fender is also pretty ugly looking, but I can't bring more big parts in until I put the 2 doors on that truck. If I see a set next time at the WAP and I have the funds I could pick it up for you. All you will have to do is drive up here to get it.

That would be awesome... Picking them up might be a challenge, but if they're good enough, then I'm sure I could make something happen.

raylanr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franc
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

That would be awesome... Picking them up might be a challenge, but if they're good enough, then I'm sure I could make something happen.

Shipping probably is going to cost an arm, you should just plan on coming up and go with us. Who knows you may go back with lots of goodies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigboytko