Rough Country 4 Inch lift Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

81K10

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I recently purchased a 4" Rough Country lift for my 81 K10 project. I purchased the complete lift kit (sku: 245.20 all springs no blocks) the sway bar drop kit(sku: 1019) the raised steering arm(sku: 6600) as well as the extended brake lines for the front and rear. Over all I am happy with the lift kit, my truck is still in pieces but the lift kit is installed.(so she is not road worthy yet) The customer service was excellent and the shipping was quick, although one of my front leaf springs was lost by UPS and a claim had to be filed but Rough Country drop shipped another and everything was fine. Now for my list of cons, there isn't much bad I can say the biggest thing that sticks out to me is the way it was packaged. The smaller items were in good boxes and each part was wrapped in brown paper so the smaller stuff looked great when it arrived. The leaf springs on the other hand are all scratched and chipped up, I understand that they can not be placed in a box and shipped, but maybe shrink wrapped in a heavy mil plastic or something its not a huge deal but having to scrape the UPS labels and then feather the chips down so I could repaint the springs sucked. My last complaint would be the shock boots, the lift kit came with the shocks but no shock boots just seemed odd. The smaller parts came with printed instructions but its pretty self explanatory I don't think I even looked at them. I can not review ride quality or anything as I said shes not rode worthy and I am not sure what else to say. If anyone has questions or what not let me know.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 658
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 542
  • full.jpg
    full.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 514
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 504

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Nice looking frame! What did you use for paint?

I am waiting for my 4" Zone springs and parts to show up. I guess I'll see if I have the same issues.

How many $ did that 4" lift kit cost you ?

81K10

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thank you she most certainly looks better than when I got her. Believe it or not I used Krylon Gloss Black that I bought and wally world. I stripped entire frame with a grinder and wire wheel attachment primed it and then shot the gloss over it. As far as cost for the lift kit, the kit was around 500 which included 4 leaf springs, 4 shocks and the ubolts. After I got the sway bar drop kit and the steering arm, and the brakes lines and stuff I was well over 600.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Oh wow that's a good price!

You should get these

You must be registered for see images attach

I am gonna use these with the sway bar drop brackets and that should make it nice and level just like the factory ride height.

ZoneOffRoad.com sells them

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rumpity_z28