Most affordable shipping for body panels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I never noticed your name didn’t match your handle until yesterday. Lol
Agree drivers inner fender prolly more than not rotted. I’ll keep my eyes peeled. What are you looking for in all? You mentioned hood and doors.
Rockers and patch panel stuff just buy new. Even if someone cuts out good used it’s way more work to unweld just to re weld.
What kinda dents in the hood? If it’s not rusted or creased I’d just fix the dings. If it’s tin canning that’s tougher. It’s like hitting a moving target when sanding. Lol
There is a guy down here. Said he was getting out of parting out a couple years ago when I bought stuff from him. But I’ll pm you his number and you can see if he’s got parts. He not far from one of my projects that I go to once a week or so. In Tacoma
So, the hood that came with mine was beat up, twisted and had two dents in the front lip that were nasty, and because of the layers of metal weren’t accessible to bump out. So I bought another off a GMC work truck, and it looked good in the bright summer sun, but then I realized it had all sorts of dents in the front lip above the headlights and also someone had dropped something on the center crease of the hood. It’s not AWFUL, but it now has a bunch of bondo in it to make it look as good as it does. I figure if I’m going to be spending 12-15k on a paint job, might as well not have it be full of bondo. But, hoods seem to be one of the more common things to find around here- I don’t think that will be a problem.

Doors will need to be replaced- ironically, the outside is fine, but for the same reason the rockers have a ton of heavy rust and pitting. It must’ve been parked in a really damp area. And we’ve talked about the rust areas under the windshield. All around the inside of the doors and underneath the windshield must’ve just held a ton of moisture. But the undercarriage is perfect- and all of the bolts came out of the suspension when I lowered it as if it just came out of the assembly line.

So, doors, rockers and under the windshield, as well as the hood. The rear quarters have some dents here and there but are rock solid. Tailgate too.

Old Guy Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I’m about 8 hrs away from LMC going west, 8 hrs from AMD going south.
I’m getting ready to need a long bed side among a bunch of other body parts so I’ll certainly consider possibly scheduling a pickup and driving to avoid shipping charges.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
So, the hood that came with mine was beat up, twisted and had two dents in the front lip that were nasty, and because of the layers of metal weren’t accessible to bump out. So I bought another off a GMC work truck, and it looked good in the bright summer sun, but then I realized it had all sorts of dents in the front lip above the headlights and also someone had dropped something on the center crease of the hood. It’s not AWFUL, but it now has a bunch of bondo in it to make it look as good as it does. I figure if I’m going to be spending 12-15k on a paint job, might as well not have it be full of bondo. But, hoods seem to be one of the more common things to find around here- I don’t think that will be a problem.

Doors will need to be replaced- ironically, the outside is fine, but for the same reason the rockers have a ton of heavy rust and pitting. It must’ve been parked in a really damp area. And we’ve talked about the rust areas under the windshield. All around the inside of the doors and underneath the windshield must’ve just held a ton of moisture. But the undercarriage is perfect- and all of the bolts came out of the suspension when I lowered it as if it just came out of the assembly line.

So, doors, rockers and under the windshield, as well as the hood. The rear quarters have some dents here and there but are rock solid. Tailgate too.
Under the windshield is a *****. (I just went ahead and bleeped it out manually, lol.)
Honestly if the rust under the windshield is bad at all, you need a donor cab or at least the chunks to replace. Otherwise forming those shapes will be difficult.

Bloodhound1981

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
I’m about 8 hrs away from LMC going west, 8 hrs from AMD going south.
I’m getting ready to need a long bed side among a bunch of other body parts so I’ll certainly consider possibly scheduling a pickup and driving to avoid shipping charges.
That was a weird one for me. LMC only wanted $150 to ship two 8 foot bedsides to Massachusetts, which I did, but $1200 to ship a bed floor.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Under the windshield is a *****. (I just went ahead and bleeped it out manually, lol.)
Honestly if the rust under the windshield is bad at all, you need a donor cab or at least the chunks to replace. Otherwise forming those shapes will be difficult.
It ain't cheap but at least the parts are out there now to fix without cutting up another cab

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You know, we all have trucks. If we could arrange for pickup and delivery using our trucks, set up some kind of network..I am in Colorado and need the RR bedside for my 81. Where is LMC? Where is AMD?

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
Lmc and classic parts are in Kansas City area, AMD Georgia.

Old Guy Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I’m on vacation right now, and AMD is less than a hour away from me…
but I don’t have anywhere in my rig to haul a bed side home. A fifthwheel hitch takes up a lot of space in a dually. :)
You must be registered for see images attach

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I’m on vacation right now, and AMD is less than a hour away from me…
but I don’t have anywhere in my rig to haul a bed side home. A fifthwheel hitch takes up a lot of space in a dually. :)
Put it in the camper!!

Old Guy Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Put it in the camper!!
Im pretty sure it wouldn’t fit… maybe strapped to the ladder?
I’m here all week so I’ll be exploring my options

k1500

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Try the local salvage yard, a lot of times they can get aftermarket parts comparably priced without the shipping charges .

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
You know, we all have trucks. If we could arrange for pickup and delivery using our trucks, set up some kind of network..I am in Colorado and need the RR bedside for my 81. Where is LMC? Where is AMD?
AMD is in Gainesville, Ga. ~1.5hrs north of Atlanta. LMC is in Kansas

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Im pretty sure it wouldn’t fit… maybe strapped to the ladder?
I’m here all week so I’ll be exploring my options
You'd be amazed at what people leave here with. I've seen 2 '69 Charger fenders on top of a Honda Del Sol and nearly a whole '69 Camaro in a ~'05 Impala o_O

Old Guy Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You'd be amazed at what people leave here with. I've seen 2 '69 Charger fenders on top of a Honda Del Sol and nearly a whole '69 Camaro in a ~'05 Impala o_O

Depending on how big of a box a bed side comes in, I believe I could do it..
Is there a sales counter there at AMD, or will I have to arrange it by phone or Email?

peats

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
72k5, 81c10 short step, 83k10 short fleet, 03 SSR. 25 chevy doodlebug
Truck Model
k5 c10 k10 SSR doodlebug
Engine Size
406 360 6.2 5.3 171
I would check with local events. Here in eastern PA we have Carlisle events 3 times a year that offer discounted parts and specialty events as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes