Looking to buy... But it's a 72

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I totally agree on the fuel cell. It bugs me but that could be something easy to put under the truck.
I don't want it to be returned to stock, even if I found a stock one it would get custom paint and interior.
The interior isn't too bad, not too keen on the dash being cloth but I could live with it.
The shortening doesn't both me but the couple of pics I now have of where cuts were made only show the outside weld which isn't too bad (I'll put them in the next post).
Someone mentioned the bumpers - I kind of like them but yes, if chipped they would have to become chrome or I'm sure the paint would not match. I'd probably have to swap mirrors as well.
The grilled could be chrome or satin like the wheels.

[quote"Backfoot100"]Is this a private owner or some sort of consignment dealer? That could make a difference to me.

I think it may be a fair price depending on your plans. The A/C delete and fuel cell definitely turn me off. I would highly question and look very closely at the frame shortening but the rest of the work looks to be decent. It certainly tickles my fancy anyway.
It is a dealer, not sure if he is consignment though. The a/c would have to be replaced but the kits aren't too bad.

But of course any of the listed things to change would have to bring the price down. I just don't doubt he'll come down to the number I would want to pay, say $8,000.

I hope I am not skipping any replies, I just noticed there were a couple that I did not see before.[/QUOTE]

I was gonna say if you wanted it I wouldn't take more than $8,500 cash. Most people who want to sell won't pass up that much cash. And if he does I'd walk in a second and not look back. You can find a nice truck with that money anyway.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Long beds > short beds

Some genius CUT THE FRAME into AT LEAST three different pieces ?
The truck is forever invalidated and useless to me, it's RUINED and it shouldn't be on the road.
The value is GONE.
It has NONE and is worth more IN PARTS than as a whole and that ain't sayin much.

Any person that paints a thirty or forty year old truck grille BLACK - is my enemy. I wouldn't turn my back on that mental pile of **** for one second MUCH LESS get into his truck that he is so quick and proud to point out is A HACK JOB.

But don't look at THAT, I just painted it so you won't - Isn't it pretty?

Dude. The elephant in the room wants to know wtf your problem is.

You want me to encourage you to buy a DEPRECIATING ASSET and I will. not.

Good day Sir.

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
Is that a butt weld on the frame???
It is and that is kind of a put off unless the other side has some gusseting.

I was gonna say if you wanted it I wouldn't take more than $8,500 cash. Most people who want to sell won't pass up that much cash. And if he does I'd walk in a second and not look back. You can find a nice truck with that money anyway.

I think after all the good discussion here I am going to hold off, at least for a while. Since he is about 3.5 hours away I really don't want to go unless I am 90% sure it will be purchased and I'm just not there yet.

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
Long beds > short beds

Some genius CUT THE FRAME into AT LEAST three different pieces ?
The truck is forever invalidated and useless to me, it's RUINED and it shouldn't be on the road.
The value is GONE.
It has NONE and is worth more IN PARTS than as a whole and that ain't sayin much.

Any person that paints a thirty or forty year old truck grille BLACK - is my enemy. I wouldn't turn my back on that mental pile of **** for one second MUCH LESS get into his truck that he is so quick and proud to point out is A HACK JOB.

But don't look at THAT, I just painted it so you won't - Isn't it pretty?

Dude. The elephant in the room wants to know wtf your problem is.

You want me to encourage you to buy a DEPRECIATING ASSET and I will. not.

Good day Sir.

It's a vehicle that isn't original, and a vehicle none-the-less so in my view it is a depreciating asset, PERIOD. But why do you get all bent out of shape when someone asks for clarification? Is your life that miserable or are you just that perfect? As far as a problem, I don't have one, just asking questions because, unlike you, I don't know everything there is to know about these vehicles and when people like you show up you don't help the situation by the way you act. Everyone else has been able to give their opinion without being condescending.
So thanks for your opinion but please, no more. Even if you do I have put you on ignore so I won't see it.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
A lot of saltiness in here over a modified truck. No modified truck is going to meet everyone’s tastes. If we all had the same tastes this hobby would suck. I personally like seeing different creations. IMO this is a pretty clean truck. Could it be better in some spots? Yep. Would I change some things if I bought it? Yep. But I don’t understand the desire to rail on the truck because of painted bumpers, black grills and stuff. :shrug: who gives a crap

Nonstop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
The truck is not my style. With that said, like I said previously, my biggest concern is if the frame was done right. I do not understand spending that money for it to not be exactly what he wants (need to relocate the fuel cell, add heat and Ac, along with other things). At the end of the day is is his money, I just hate seeing people get nickel and dimed when it could be avoided.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Dude busts into a square body forum asking questions about a truck that is not a square body then starts crying when people give ****?

Suck dicks pal, we're out of Kleenex but please accept this life hack as a parting gift. Nobody oughta have a good cry without plenty of tissue handy. :baby:

Maybe that can help you with your purty blue truck.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Dude busts into a square body forum asking questions about a truck that is not a square body then starts crying when people give ****?

Suck dicks pal, we're out of Kleenex but please accept this life hack as a parting gift. Nobody oughta have a good cry without plenty of tissue handy. :baby:

Just simmer down, fella. Most of us like trucks outside of just squares. It’s ok. it’s not like he was asking advice on a Ford or something. If people can have build threads on non-squares on the forum then someone can ask advice about a non-square. :waytogo:

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size

Remind me never to get on your bad side/annoy you. But hey, if I do I have my own tissue. We buy in bulk at Sam's club. Lol

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Personally, I wouldn't let the frame shortening be the deciding factor. As long as the builder got the dimensions right, it would be fairly easily to brace/gusset and correct. Can you build that truck for $10k. Probably not.

As far as a depreciating asset, who cares? $10k isn't going to change your life in the long run. Better to spend it on something you enjoy.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
The only thing that bothers me about that truck is the shotty Aluminum covers over the firewall. Better options/atleast paint them.

That's begs the question is anything else shotty?

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
Bottom line, if that truck really tickles your fancy, buy it after dickering on price. As long as when you leave with the truck both you and the seller think you got the shaft, odds are you did okay. ;)

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
He's funnin' ya!
Maybe, but that's what the emoji's are for and without knowing him I guess I could have taken it the wrong way.
Oh well....

And I don't mind that people don't like the truck - parts of it or in whole - we all have our own style and that's what makes this a fun hobby. Heck, sometimes I even go to forums of vehicles I don't own, or never will, just to see how people modify their vehicles.

Thanks for all the opinions, I've been away form cell/internet for a couple of days and 4 of the emails saying there were posts here went t junk email so I am just now getting around to reading them.

I'm going to let the truck sit for a while and see if it sells. If it does then it does. If he brings the price down to somewhere reasonable then I'll talk to him some more. I don't mind doing some work on it, of course any C10 I get is going to have to have some done to make it mine anyway.

Arkansas_V8 said:
The only thing that bothers me about that truck is the shotty Aluminum covers over the firewall.
After looking around a lot of the trucks I've seen without a/c have these panels. Makes me wonder, did all of the cabs have the hole in the firewall for a/c then the factory covered them? I do agree, black would have made it look better.

Thanks again!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes