Lift kits help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
With a 4in rough country lift kit do I need a sway bar drop bracket or no? Also I know you can run 35 12.50 on 15in rim will a 4in back spacing be able to clear without rubbing?

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I just installed these and they work really well. If you don't use these your sway bar will actually bind the suspension from travelling and create a rough ride. Install these and you will have as soft a ride as your springs will allow.

Its also a good time to replace your sway bar bushings with some new polyurethane bushings too! Just use a torch and burn the old rubber ones out. Zone could probably hook you up with some Energy Suspension poly bushings for another $20 or so.

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I just installed these and they work really well. If you don't use these your sway bar will actually bind the suspension from travelling and create a rough ride. Install these and you will have as soft a ride as your springs will allow.

Its also a good time to replace your sway bar bushings with some new polyurethane bushings too! Just use a torch and burn the old rubber ones out. Zone could probably hook you up with some Energy Suspension poly bushings for another $20 or so.

So a sway bar drop bracket from rough country would not work? It would bind up?

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
The drop brackets can only be so long cause otherwise you would not be able to attach it to the frame and the suspension at the same time. This means that the sway bar will sit at a downward angle and this angle is what causes the suspension to bind. Just no way around it.

The zone kit is really slick and allows for better movement then a totally stock setup but still does a perfect job of stopping body roll.

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The drop brackets can only be so long cause otherwise you would not be able to attach it to the frame and the suspension at the same time. This means that the sway bar will sit at a downward angle and this angle is what causes the suspension to bind. Just no way around it.

The zone kit is really slick and allows for better movement then a totally stock setup but still does a perfect job of stopping body roll.

That does make sense thanks! How is the rough country lift? Any insight on the back spa in for the 15inch rims would a 4in Clear without running?

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
That does make sense thanks! How is the rough country lift? Any insight on the back spa in for the 15inch rims would a 4in Clear without running?

Im not sure what you mean?

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Im not sure what you mean?

Will a 4in backspacing on a 15in rim by 10in wide with 35in by 12.50 tires fit without rubbing? I have heard a lot of people say they fit they don't fit and so on and so on.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Yes they will fit. Yes they will rub. Yes they will bend your front fenders!

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yes they will fit. Yes they will rub. Yes they will bend your front fenders!

So what backspacing would be needed to fit? Rough country says 4.5 so would that work Or is 5in backspacing needed?

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
So for the sway bar use just these or use these with the drop brackets from rough country?

No you only need these swivel links by themselves. If you use the drop brackets in addition to these, the swivel links will sit at a 45* angle. If you use just the swivel links, the swivel links will sit straight up and down at 90* which is what you want.

I tried using the drop brackets and the swivel links at the same time on my 6" lift, but it doesn't work well like that.

I think if you had an 8" or 10" lift, then you could use both.

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
No you only need these swivel links by themselves. If you use the drop brackets in addition to these, the swivel links will sit at a 45* angle. If you use just the swivel links, the swivel links will sit straight up and down at 90* which is what you want.

I tried using the drop brackets and the swivel links at the same time on my 6" lift, but it doesn't work well like that.

I think if you had an 8" or 10" lift, then you could use both.

Ok saved me some money lol now the waiting game for parts