4 Inch Lift kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horchata81k10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Looking to put a 4 inch lift got quoted 1400 to take it to the shop with a rough country 4 inch lift kit any other kits that are recommended and would need new tires or would these 265/75/r16 be fine?

Attachments

• IMG_7878.jpeg
    IMG_7878.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6534.jpeg
    IMG_6534.jpeg
    199.3 KB · Views: 22

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
Tough country has lifts also. I don't have a lift on my 85 truck so can't speak from experience. From what I've read the ride will be rough with that brand. It's in the name :). Those tires will be a bit on the small size with a lift. I'm running 32-11.5-16"s on my truck. In reality none of the kits will give you a great ride, but hey it's a solid front axle truck. I found that shock choice makes a difference in ride quality. A stiff gas charged shock will be much more unforgiving then a hydraulic type on paved roads.

Blazerbiker

Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5, actually a Jimmy since it's a GMC
Engine Size
504in
We (ORD) can make it ride nice but it's gotta have soft springs and they're not real cheap. We do more budget oriented springs too, that still integrate with the rest of the system so you actually have everything you need too. That seems to be a big deal still with regular lift kits. An example is, none of these trucks are going to have good shackles and shackle bushings, they're just old enough and used enough that it's a good idea to replace them, so we do.

You can run what you want for tires but you're likely going to want at least some 33s.

brooksman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado & Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
350 & 305
Probably 35’s on a 4” lift. Skyjacker 2.5” on mine. Replaced a Rough Country 4”. Pleased with the outcome.

86_HighSierra2500

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 2500
Engine Size
5.7L 350
We (ORD) can make it ride nice but it's gotta have soft springs and they're not real cheap. We do more budget oriented springs too, that still integrate with the rest of the system so you actually have everything you need too. That seems to be a big deal still with regular lift kits. An example is, none of these trucks are going to have good shackles and shackle bushings, they're just old enough and used enough that it's a good idea to replace them, so we do.

You can run what you want for tires but you're likely going to want at least some 33s.
@Blazerbiker - what would be the best way to get help from ORD to put a kit together? I have considered your shackle flip bracket to get a softer ride on the rear.

Old Guy Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I used ORD for a “budget“ 4” lift for my ‘78.
They have everything you need, springs, shackles, shocks, etc..

plugugly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Truck Year
Truck Model
blazer
Engine Size
6.2 diesel

Hey Stephen,

Been meaning to call your shop and ask. Id like to run a set of your front 4" springs but would be interested in running a stockish 63/4" rear spring on a shackle flip to level it out. (yes Im aware the front hanger needs to be moved, i did cosider inboarding and moving under the frame but thought that might be a little to soft for a street car) My sons blazer currently has rear 52's and it rides horribly. Would that ride be balanced enough with a good set of shocks, or do your spring rates need to be matched front and rear?

Big Ray

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I just bought 4" springs from BDS for the rear of my suburban.
The rear sags enough new, let alone on near 40 y.o. springs.
Love to go with the ORD custom springs, but I can't justify the cost on this truck.
I'll post pics when I get them on.

Edit: this auto correct makes me look like a retard.
I really can spell!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag